1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Hints and tips

Discussion in 'Reference Library' started by Petra Fyde, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

This is a copy/paste of the information posted on UOHerald by Calvin Crowner:

2. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I have this to add for people with multiple PCs that want to install SA on. Install and patch on one PC.

On the second PC, install but down't start or patch. Just copy over the files from the 1st PC. Should save the hours of patching.

Edit: I have 2 PCs with the same exact specs, haven't tried on my laptop yet. So I'm not sure if the client does any hardware detection that may prohibit this method.

3. SchezwanBeefy

SchezwanBeefy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The new client patcher will automatically resume the next time you launch it if it is interrupted.

Um, lie. Got to 91%, a crash happened because a file was not found and when I went to start the patch again, it completely started over.
    Awesome. I don't want to wait another 5 hours.

4. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

It will appear to start over, but it won't re-download everything. Everything you already downloaded and patched is considered "up-to-date" and not part of your new patching process.
    So the first time through, you needed to get a few gigs worth of files.
    This time through, you've already got most of them... so you only have a few megs worth left to get. You should be able to finish it all off in about half an hour, if the 5 hour and 91% marks are accurate, and transfer speeds remain constant.

5. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

Do what Harlequin stated But only copy the *.UOP Files, any file that does not end in .UOP will be patched in about 2 minutes, and they are the hardware specific files and a few other files that the game needs. *tips hat*

6. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I havent found any hardware specific files yet. Installed the client and patched it on my custom build phenom PC. Copied to multiple different intel and amd based systems and nothing had to patch :)

However, when you download, it appears the client does a checksum on the files before it installs them. This may be why it restarted on you, as when you crashed the download was corrupted in some way on one of the huge .uop files...

7. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

8. Apologies for this @@" question, but :
    Calvin Crowner wrote : There is no limit to the number of hotbars you may have. Spawn a new hotbar by right-clicking on an existing one and selecting “New Hotbar”.

Uhhh, I don't seem to even have a single hotbar. Is there any way to spawn a new hotbar from none?

Many thanks.

9. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You should have one hotbar that you cannot delete...
    Can you post a screenshot?

10. Fink

Fink Guest

Your default hotbar may be off-screen to the right or bottom. Try scaling the interface down and see if it appears, then drag it to the upper left, then reset your interface scaling as desired and position your hotbar where you want it.

11. Hi Gildar and Fink,

Thanks for replying.

Well there are two 'bars' that I cannot delete. One of them is the F1 to F12 shortcut bar, but... *DOH!*

Wow hey thanks. Ok problem solved. I had the impression right clicking it didn't work in the past. But it's working fine now. I just spawned another bar. Whew.

Thanks again, Gildar and Fink! :)

12. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

A performance tip. I have found using Mz CPU Accelerator to switch the processor affinity to processor 1 (second processor) improved my performance a great deal. I've been having horrible performance problems. I'm still having some very specific issues, but this seemed to really help generally.

13. Fink

Fink Guest

Something that has boosted my EC performance significantly is running the game directly from UOSA.exe.

The patcher floating in the background seems to bog me down greatly and for no good reason.

Perhaps the developers could make the patcher module exit after it has done its job?

14. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

I think you need to submit a bug report on that. The patcher doesn't continue running on my computer after it has launched the main program.

15. Fink

Fink Guest

Everything I mention here is already bug reported before I post.

I suspect the reason I seem to have recurring issues is that they're sick of hearing from me.

16. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

Well there's nothing wrong with them getting bug reports from more than one source. I just hope their in game bug reporting sends in system information with the bug report.

17. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

Well I just downloaded and installed the EC.. Seems to run fine. One question though... Whats the golden ring circling around me? Is there an instruction manual somewhere I can look up my questions?

18. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox