1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice

[Macefighting] Hit a homerun today with my blacksmith

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by silent, Jun 23, 2009.

  1. silent

    silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 12, 2008
    Messages:
    1,082
    Likes Received:
    186
    Not a grand slam yet, just a solo homer... :danceb:

    Diamond Mace
    54 Mana leech
    44 Stamina leech
    50 Hit lower defense
    30 Swing Speed
    55 Damage increase

    I can't tell you how many high end runics I've burned, this is the first with the ml/sl/hld/ssi combo I've made. There was always one of the mods missing. My old diamond mace is listed over on the east coast trade board for anyone looking for one, same mods just a little lower.
     
  2. Turdnugget

    Turdnugget Guest

    yummy.

    What kind of hammer?
     
  3. silent

    silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 12, 2008
    Messages:
    1,082
    Likes Received:
    186
    That was a valorite burn, i wish one of the rolls didn't hit damage increase, but oh well I'm still happy with it.
     
  4. Lynk

    Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 13, 2008
    Messages:
    6,032
    Likes Received:
    145
    I'd personally rather have HLA on the weapon other than HLD, only because HLD can be gotten from the glasses.
     
  5. HLD would be the better mod but, even so, it's still excellent.
     
  6. silent

    silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 12, 2008
    Messages:
    1,082
    Likes Received:
    186
    Yep that would have been closer to a grand slam... but if you've burned any high end runics you know how rare it is to even get these mods to align.
     
  7. Farsight

    Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 12, 2008
    Messages:
    3,191
    Likes Received:
    36
    Great roll!

    I'm like... jealous.
     
  8. Setnaffa

    Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2004
    Messages:
    1,537
    Likes Received:
    0
    Nice! I'd be very happy with that one. I agree Hit Spell or HCI might have been better than the extra DI, but you still have an elite weapon there.
     
  9. Setnaffa

    Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2004
    Messages:
    1,537
    Likes Received:
    0
    You have to be careful with HLA in PvP. If you are fighting a Samurai, HLA could turn around and bite where it hurts...

    Lightning Strike: An attack with a 50% bonus to your chance to hit. Hit Chance Increase cap of 45% applies, however, if the Samurai is hit with Hit Lower Attack by an opponent, the full 50% applies to his Hit Chance.

    This basically says that if you have HLA on your weapon, Samurai's will hit you almost every time they use Lightning Strike.

    Based on that, I'd have to say HLD is much more preferrable in PvP than HLA.
     
  10. Lynk

    Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 13, 2008
    Messages:
    6,032
    Likes Received:
    145
    You are wrong. The hit chance cap of 45% always applies. What it is saying is that Lightning strike gives you 50% hit chance. Example: I'm at 0% hit chance with items. I use lightning strike, it puts me at 45% hit chance. If I get hit with Hit Lower Attack my normal hit chance is now -25%. I use lightning strike (add 50% to my hit chance), I'm now at 25% hit chance.

    Secondly, if my sampire is ever running around PvPing its because I sold my account and the clown shoe I sold it to doesn't know what he's doing.
     
  11. Setnaffa

    Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2004
    Messages:
    1,537
    Likes Received:
    0
    I don't know. I seem to always hit when I use Lightning Strike. Point me to a Dev post where it says the cap applies even when HLA and LS are in play.

    Considering a Sampire is a PvM template, I would agree. Bushido, on the other hand, can be useful in PvP, especially with the OP's weapon. One-handed weapon with parry while chugging pots. Give it a try.
     
  12. Lynk

    Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 13, 2008
    Messages:
    6,032
    Likes Received:
    145
    Why should I have to point you to a Dev post reinforcing the normal rules to the hit chance cap?

    You can try to point me to a post that says the HCI cap doesn't apply but I don't think you will find one.

    I understand why you posted what you did, but you just mis-interpreted the effect of lightning strike. It adds 50% to your HCI, but it won't take you over the 45% cap.