1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

hit a problem with ea store

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Lucy of Kenton, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Lucy of Kenton

Lucy of Kenton Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

friend asked me late last week to buy some codes for him (i got some freebies). now to buy sa im told that i have exceeded the number of codes in a 14 day period. anything i can do?

2. Trydon

Trydon Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

if you have another accountyou can buy with, use that. otherwise i think you jsut have to wait the 2 weeks.

3. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

I don't think there's a way around that with UOgamecodes.

I'm not seeing it on the UK EAstore, either, which is troublesome.

There was a quantity selector on UOgamecodes, that went up to five, so if you can find someone you trust to buy it for you along with theirs. I received the codes via email, for account upgrade and promotional items, so they should be able to pass the codes to you.

4. Lucy of Kenton

Stratics Veteran

seems there is no rush as (remembers aos) the uo servers etc dont have enuff capacity as cant even get past the terms and conditions on upgrade acct and cant get past 50% of the publish download

5. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'd offer to help but we just did three accounts between us, one each for us and one for a guildie.

If you think of anything, gimme a shout :)

6. Lucy of Kenton

Stratics Veteran

thanks cail
    still cant download it. it no longer tries for the patch it just goes to the page after a while that tells you there was a problem patcher click ok to play anyway and the pub isnt on the uo download options ie its not here http://www.uoherald.com/downloads/

7. S.P.A

S.P.A Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I just bought two lots of 5 copies on the UO Game Codes store; you can buy up to 5 copies per valid UO user name and password you have (so I could have bought 50 copies in all but 10 is enough for my accounts).

8. Jonathen

Jonathen Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Unfortunately UO Game Codes hates my credit cards and refuses to let me purchase 99% of the time; and the EA Store automatically redirects me to the GB site, which doesn't appear to have UO:SA for sale. So the transition to SA has not been nearly as smooth as I hoped it might. Think I'll have to try what I usually end up doing for UO Game Codes which is requesting it by email, and then waiting until someone at the other end gets around to responding...

9. Lucy of Kenton

Stratics Veteran

this is what i get
    Error reading okay message from socket
    Wrong protocol version
    Could not connect to a patch server
    Make sure you have an active connection to the Internet via an ISP or a direct connection.
    Your client may not be the most recent version.
    You may be able to play the game with your current client.

10. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I got my codes from http://www.uogamecodes.com/store/prod_detail.asp?ProdID=UOSTYUPGRADE&CartID={2652CD33-C3AB-492A-B6BF-6558D5A6EB17}&PromoID=996

I logged in with the account I wanted upgraded, then just clicked the buttons. After reading all the posts about how it's gone pearshaped for folks, I was a bit nervy, but it all went through ok, albeit a bit slowly. Dropped into my mail box almost immediately.

One of the guildies is having serious tech issues with it; can't even get past the log in before he gets the dreaded 'UO has encountered a problem and must close' box. Not being a technical sort of person (I tend to shout at my PC, and threaten it a bit) I'm afraid I'm about as much use as a chocolate teapot at this point in time :(

11. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I got my codes from http://www.uogamecodes.com/store/prod_detail.asp?ProdID=UOSTYUPGRADE&CartID={2652CD33-C3AB-492A-B6BF-6558D5A6EB17}&PromoID=996

I logged in with the account I wanted upgraded, then just clicked the buttons. After reading all the posts about how it's gone pearshaped for folks, I was a bit nervy, but it all went through ok, albeit a bit slowly. Dropped into my mail box almost immediately.

One of the guildies is having serious tech issues with it; can't even get past the log in before he gets the dreaded 'UO has encountered a problem and must close' box. Not being a technical sort of person (I tend to shout at my PC, and threaten it a bit) I'm afraid I'm about as much use as a chocolate teapot at this point in time :(

EDIT: I just read your last post to my hubby, Lucy, and he said "tell her that's exactly the message that I got, forget trying to fix it, she needs to uninstall then reinstall. She has my sympathy." Seems to have worked with his.

12. Flame (DrR)

Stratics Veteran

Lucy if you are running vista try going to your UO icon, right click select propoties, compatability, tick run as win XP 2, also tick run as administrator and apply, click ok. I have heard it has had probs with vista

13. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

That's the common error if there's a firewall problem - have you ever had to tell the firewall on your PC to 'allow' certain programs, such as UO, to access the web in the past? It may be your firewall sees the patched and modified client as a 'new program' and needs telling again to let it through.

14. Myth Inc

Myth Inc Guest

I'm getting

"Your zipcode or address does not match your credit card billing address.
    Use the Edit button below to return to the address information page and make corrections. Then press the 'Cotinue Checkout' button to continue."

It did this to me when I came back originally and I wanted a heritage or 11th anniversary thing as well. I know where I live.. I live here, and the credit card statment comes here, I don't have a zipcode, I've told the website I'm outside the USA, set it to Uk, but still, won't work, plus my game won't patch anyway. I'd of thought after all these years they would know how to do an upgrade! I want more neon sandals, still got my Arzela roxxored the age of saddo's ones

15. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I dont think its per uo account I think its per credit card, I have 2 accounts and I cant buy more codes from gamecodes when ive exceeded limit. I have to switch to another credit card.

16. Thimblepixie

Thimblepixie Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I get this all the time from uogamecodes with my Visa card, but in desperation once I tried a different one (Mastercard) and it went through no probs. I think there might be some sort of address formatting issue with the first one that borks it.

17. nemo

nemo Guest

i got the same thing :sad4:

18. John II SRC

John II SRC Lore Master

On the German EA store website there is a button on the top called "worldwide". Maybe there is something like that on the GB one as well. This re-directs you to the US website and you can buy your codes there. This way I got my codes for $29.99 instead of €29.99, which saved me quite a lot :)

Have a look, maybe this helps ...