1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Hit Lower Defence needs to be nerfed

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Wojoe, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Wojoe

Wojoe Guest

Hit Lower Defence needs to be nerfed..

Combined with never ending special moves AND HCI makes it grossley over powered...I run 5*70, 70 DCI and 120 Wrestle and it dosent help...Really balance the game.

2. red sky

red sky Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Hit Lower Defense (HLD) is an item property found on weapons and reading glasses. A successful hit with such a weapon lowers the defense rating of the target by 25% for 8 seconds

70 DCI x 0.25=17.5

70 DCI - 17.5=52.5% DCI

Defense Chance Increase (DCI) enhances your ability to defend yourself from melee or ranged attacks. It does not effect your chance to evade magical attacks.
    It can be found naturally on weapons, shields and jewelry. It ranges in intensity from 1 to 15%. There is a cap of 45%.

3. Wojoe

Wojoe Guest

bs, these people with these types of weapons never miss...ever

4. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I run 40+ HLD, 45 HCI, 120 Tactics, 120 Fencing. And yes I do miss, especially against the right templete. There are times I only hit 1 out of 3 times at best. Maybe you should tweak yours some.

5. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

70 dci makes your suit hld proof. Hence, nerfing will provide you zero benefit.

If you need, build a parry mage.

6. Wojoe

Wojoe Guest

Why would i use perry, that requires 80 dex...wrestling is what mages use and it sucks. disarm rarley works and paralyzing blow is useless to.

7. Taylor

If you don't like wrestling, use a mage weapon.

8. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Only problem i see is mages needs to stack their DCI up to 70 while dexers doesnt have to have anything more than 45 HCI

And the extra 25 dci mages need takes total of 217 intensity.

Dexers on the other hand with 30hld is more than sufficient which in term of intensities is only worth 78 intensity. Since mages cant afford constantly being in melee range to "wrestle (rofl)" dexers, hit lower attack is not a valid option.

It's only fair that Hit Lower Attack should proc off spells. In this case dexers are forced to have 70hci just like how mages are forced to have 70dci.

And on the parry comment... so mages needs to pick up a dexer skill and sink bouncha dex into a dexer stat in order to make dexers whiff more than half of the time? How does it make you feel that you need inscribe and 80 int on your dexer so you can hit better than 50% of the time?

9. Wojoe

Wojoe Guest

for what, i have 120 wrestling...how about you get on the bus?

10. Taylor

Your OP argues that HLD should be nerfed. Your OP, further, indicates that you are hld proof. Thus, the entire premise of this thread is a contradiction.

People play mages who kill dexxers. Maybe you should ask one of those people for advice.

11. Smokin

Smokin Guest

Seriously, A dexxers template is way harder to fit anything into. So dont be silly. As a mage you can easily fit any skill you want in and pick and choose. But you are worried about Dex, here is something you can do, go to test and use instead of jewelry with dci put 8 dex on each then get some faction items and mess around with your stats you will find how easy it will be to get 80 dex and still have loads of mana/int and HP cause if your pvping really you can use HP increase instead of str. Unless you are using Heavy armor. Maybe running 45 dci and 120 parry will make you un hitable. or close to it.

12. Wojoe

Wojoe Guest

Ill do that kthxbye

13. Wojoe

Wojoe Guest

who knows maybe the rng just hates me...all i can say is EVERYONE puts 50HLD on weapons...why is that?

14. Taylor

Lynk already tried to explain this to you in August. I'll republish his post here, for easy access.

15. Wojoe

Wojoe Guest

wow i feel better your so on the job...who's your boss? ill ask him to put a star next to your name...please go away now...

16. Taylor

Seriously? You're welcome. I was happy to voluntarily answer every single question that you asked.

Amazing...

17. Wojoe

Wojoe Guest

Stick to being a mod...and forward me your bosses contact info so i can complaine about you and your glib attempt to troll me and my post...

I know you mods prefer care-bear threads but i have my opinion and if i feel like talking about something again after 3 months then that's none of your business. Who are you to search thru my past posts anyways?

If i had to guess id say your co-dependent on the very subjust i asked about...you are clueless about playing a mage to.

18. Skrag

Skrag Visitor

[​IMG]

19. Taylor

Sent.

20. Wojoe

Wojoe Guest

LOL, should i be affraid?...im going to ask her the same thing i asked you.

Who are you to search thru my old posts, and why would you do that?

21. Taylor

I googled the question that you asked. That was the answer that I found. Anyone can use Google.

22. Ls Jax Ls

Ls Jax Ls Visitor

Tis a rare day that I side with a mod...:coco:

23. Wojoe

Wojoe Guest

back on topic...i read the formulas but i dont think it works that way..take some of the archers i play against...they hit you with a 50hld bow then spam moving shot and hit everytime, sometimes 10 times in a row...i know this is true, i see it every day. Same's true for people with other weapon skills.

24. Wojoe

Wojoe Guest

Now your lieing...what question did i ask?

25. Taylor

This one:

26. Wojoe

Wojoe Guest

So like you said google it...and i did, 7 results and 0 point to stratics....im really confused now, ask petra to help me out with this one sense you like mailing her so much.

And for the last time, im going to ask you Syrus to stop trolling my post!

27. ziggy29

ziggy29 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

When you reply to someone, it's generally expected behavior that they may reply back. That is not trolling. It is a conversation on a message board. If you don't want someone to reply to your post, don't refer to their quotes and ask more questions.

Time to build a list of people to avoid helping in the future.

28. Taylor

Let me google that for you

Second result from the top.

29. Wojoe

Wojoe Guest

WOW more BS...the last conversation was i asked the difference between the two...this post i asked for it to be nerfed...your totaly full of it pal...ill be waiting to here back from your boss

30. Wojoe

Wojoe Guest

back on topic again...i read the formulas but i dont think it works that way..take some of the archers i play against...they hit you with a 50hld bow then spam moving shot and hit everytime, sometimes 10 times in a row...i know this is true, i see it every day. Same's true for people with other weapon skills.

31. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

What are you asking for? Are you suggesting the affect timer for HLD be decreased or maybe the affect amount be increased above 25? I don't understand your intended suggestion. It's pretty open to interpretation.

-Lorax

32. Wojoe

Wojoe Guest

What happens is they hit you and then you have a negative to defence, then they hit you again and again and again and it never stops...maybe a timer between the effects would work.

33. Lorax_Pacific

Stratics Veteran

Yes that is how we plan our weapons so if we have a slow weapon maybe we choose 50% or a faster weapon maybe 34% or 26% to balance the weapon speed with the affect.

I still don't understand since in your post you say you have 70 DCI, which 70 - 25 is 45 and still at max. Are you spamming divine fury, because that could be an additional problem for your suit.

What I don't really get is whether you have a problem in offense or defense. I don't understand what you want a nerf to achieve.

-Lorax

34. Wojoe

Wojoe Guest

i do have 70dci 120 wrestle and a 5*70 suit...the problem is people that use 50 hld and im guessing max hci never miss, and and on top of that they spam special moves. Now one or the other would be ok but both is overpowered.

35. Nails

Nails Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Wojoe,
    learn to read and stop being so miserable. Your current stance is what gives stratics a bad name. There is tons of good advice here and folks that tried to help. You just dont want it.

36. Wojoe

Wojoe Guest

im not miserable and the mod person offered no help at all.

it is a balance problem, thats what i said and thats what this thread is about.

And just so you know, i have tried everything short of using both wrestle and perry togther to defend against this and nothing helps so im asking the dev's to consider nerfing it. The only thing that sorta helps is to cast protection, the problem with that is its so slow you cant kill anybody.

If the game's pvp system was more balanced people including me wouldent ask for stuff like this.

37. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Wtf are you talking about you have 100% DCI... you're blue.. and never leave the guard zone, and if you flag and your EXP FS fails you just run and invis till you're unflagged. WTF are you crying about.

38. Wojoe

Wojoe Guest

LOL so how you like the free shards?

39. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

There's no balancing necessary for this situation you're talking about. Why don't you find a few skilled mages and dexers to train with and figure out what to do in the situations you're having troubles with? Instead of instantly accusing everyone else of being some sort of cheat you might be able to learn something from them?

40. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Well since you are the only person who seems to have an issue with this, I'm gonna have to throw it out that you are just unlucky.

And since I know you wont accept that ill play devil's advocate and say MAYBE it has something to do with the fact that you use wrestling rather than a weapon like the vast majority of people, and maybe theres something in that.

Are there any other people who use wrestling rather than a mage weapon or weapon skill that can comment?

41. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Free shards? I've been busy working and setting up a large birthday party for my friends kids. That's why I'm not online.

42. Wojoe

Wojoe Guest

but you have time to be a board warrior...thats funny

43. Wojoe

Wojoe Guest

maybe your right..its wrong to use wrestle now? and more then that...why should a spell caster HAVE to use a weapon to be viable?

44. Lord Hunter

Lord Hunter Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

45. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Yep, that only takes 5 minutes or less. Maybe after the mystic "tweaks" I'll be more driven to play again, but atm running from 4-5 people with SP precast and max SSI bokuto's (with crazy mods of course) doesn't really seem worth the frustration ya know? And with Brock Lesnar fighting this weekend hell.. you won't see me this weekend either :p.

46. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

You know.. You should use the type of mage suit I wear if you don't use the specials from wrestling. I used GM anatomy for my defense ability and i've got like 60 skill increase and over cap DCI(70%) so I can fit in 60necro/60spirit GM inscribe with all the standard 120 eval/resists 115 mage 110 med? I can't remember exactly.

47. Lorax_Pacific

Stratics Veteran

Well wrestling you can't do hit lower attack as far as I know. So if you are needing more defense you need to figure something else out. Have you ever tried a high HPR suit? These sometimes help when learning pvp I think you can get 24 HPR and with healing and max dex you can probably defend against some ganks. Can you get something that helps you lower the attackers hit chance? Brass knuckles with HLA (just kidden)? Another option is to use a weapon with HLA 50% and max SSI and get that affect to stick and then switch to wrestle or can you spam disarm?

-Lorax

48. Wojoe

Wojoe Guest

its not that i dont use the specials from wrestling its just they never go off, i try just about everytime i fight a dexor to use my specials and i just dont hit them...maybe 5% of the time it works. i dont have room on my mage suit for HLD, HCI, HLA or massive dex. The problem with the wrestle specials is they are not effective enough without actully becoming a dexor.

And yes the mystic bushido gimps need to go to.

49. Wojoe

Wojoe Guest

I understand what your trying to say, but one of the problems is i have wrestle and shouldnt need a mage weapon. And Im not saying remove all specail moves either maybe add timers to them so people do spam them non stop or nerf the HLD prop.

about wrestling...
    Wrestling is a skill often used to complement Magery. It allows a mage to DEFEND while adhering to the requirement of having hands free when casting spells or using Meditation. The Wrestling skill is checked automatically each time in bare handed combat. The skill determines the frequency of your attacks, as well as the amount of damage you deal when striking an opponent.

and i have pvp'd for over ten years, i wouldent post if i wasent certian its a issue.