1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Hit Points - Damage question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Sevin0oo0, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Have 2 things I'm wondering about:
    Saw this for the first time the other night doing 'fire elementals' - got down to ~20-25% HP left, threw on an aid, hit by something else, instant dead. Rez, try again - killed the first one, now i'm ready to take on the second/other one here somewhere - first few exchanges went well, then Wham! HP dropped like a rock, so I'm figuring it has some special thing it does that does 50-60 pts ata whack like fire daemons, eh no biggie. Trying again, HP dropped, pretty normally it seemed, down into that 20-25%, was just fixing to throw on an aid and they Sprang up to 70-75%, I'm WTH?
    Until, this morning I went to the Lich forest to do sacrifice virtue thing. HP dropped like a rock again, then just jumped way back up (not all the way tho), like when mana drain wears off - first i thought it was blood oath or something, but i was not armed.
    There's been several times when a spellcaster mob fires off, and i see a string of numbers go off over me, first i thought it was multiple casters, but it's happened w/ just one - I see 3-4 regularly, but have seen more.

thanks in advance for helping my sanity

2. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Pain Spike?

3. Herman

Herman Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

My guess

1 fire elementals do fire breath for around 60 liches do pain spike for 30 or so

2 lagg that is what happen to me when i freeze for a short moment

4. SixUnder

SixUnder Legendary Assassin
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

make sure your not wearing opposing slayer too

5. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Thanks, i looked up pain spike and that 10 seconds is about right. Does the ele cast that also? Is the fire breath when it does that big flame thing, or just whenever?
    but oh yeah, soulseeker and undead tally - no wonder i hate liches, duh.
    had seeker & flame killer tally on the other

6. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

It's the fire breath, would say this goes off about every 8-10 seconds, the lower the current hp of the caster, reduces the damage done, there is an animation that goes off with this, and if your running you'll notice the mob/caster stop while they cast this.(currently there is no mobs in the shame revamp, that casts necromancy spells.)

if your in Shame, the only "slayer" properties, you don't want would be Demon Slayer, Elemental group mobs will do 50%? more damage against you, however I'm pretty sure this damage is physical attacks only (melee/ranged) not spells.

7. PsychoKinetic

PsychoKinetic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Spells get increased damage too if you have an opposing slayer equipped.