1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Hit Spell on throwing/archery weaps. What do you prefer?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Cetric, Mar 17, 2013.

?

What do you prefer?

1. Velocity

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Lightning

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Fireball

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. Magic Arrow

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

If you could have one hit spell property, what would you pick?

Hit Lightning - most damage, but can cause a pause effect during moving shots.
    Hit Fireball - 2nd most damage, delayed (does it cause a pause? not sure)
    Hit magic arrow - lower imbue intensity, lower damage
    Velocity - 1 damage for every tile person is away from you, no pause effect

lets leave hit harm out of this.. lol

So what do you prefer and why? I'm considering just going velocity, without any hit spells... so i'm wondering if i should do lightning instead, but i hate that pause...

2. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Depends on template and your speed. I played a beast med archer when human JoaT gave you -10 mana cost to specs and my comp was Fb / Vel. Im guessing you will be playing a disarm archer? If so Id go for dbl hit effects as long as your quick and your mana pool can support it. Basically.... after a d-arm mov shot sequence the mage generally does the mini / pot dance until they feel like gambling a Gheal. This is when the 50 pt AI is nice if they misjudged their HP. Also if you can splinter then the ability to dump dmg faster while they slow is nice. Lastly... if some speedering mofo is just barely surviving bc of the hit effect movement hiccup then carry a velocity only comp just for them.