1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

hitching post?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by christmasquestion, Jan 3, 2009.

1. I cant find ANYTHING on these things but I see them for sale sometimes...I gotta know what they do! Please!?

They say they can stable but have charges? I dont understand and searching the forum for the words "hitching post" yields me nothing :(

Thanks in advance and please tell me everything you can!
  2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Oct 21, 2008

Hitching Post (replica)

As of Publish 57, the Hitching Post (replica) is craftable through the Tinkering skill. It can be locked down in player homes and provides the same functions as going to a stable, where a player can claim and stable their pets
    It starts with 15 uses and a Rechargeable number of 2 which decreases each time it is recharged, indicating they only have a maximum of 45 uses before a new one is needed (this is as yet unverified).
    To recharge the Hitching Post (replica) double click a Hitching Rope and target the Hitching Post (replica).

Skill required:
    90.0 Tinkering
    Components required:
    1 Animal Pheromone
    1 Phillip's Wooden Steed
    2 Hitching Rope
    50 Ingots

3. mutau

mutau Guest

You also need 15 Animal Lore. I just noticed it in the tinkering menu.
  4. UO Relic

UO Relic Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    If your tinker is a human you have this with the jack of all trades bonus for being human already (20 skill points in all skills)
  5. mutau

mutau Guest

ah, my mule is a elf. thats why i had to get the skill.
  6. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Or you could just use jewelry
  7. bosskram

bosskram Guest

where do you get the animal pheramon, and the hitching rope
  8. Yalp

Yalp Guest

pheremones come from fire bunnies at MT. Sho. Tok Islands.. drop rate is very very low.. and if I am remembering right.. they're due to stop spawning soon?

hitching rope is made by tinkers, using a regular rope found on krakens (again low spawn rate) and Red Death's resolves bridle, found in Bedlam.

You need 2 of the crafted hitching ropes for every 1 hitching post.