1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Hitching Posts

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Shelleybean, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If I set the security to "anyone" on a hitching post, does this mean anyone can both stable and claim pets? But if I set it to "friends", anyone can stable but only friends can claim? Thanks in advance

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I believe that's correct !

3. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sounds right - According to what's on the UOGamecodes site,

"# One charge will be consumed when you claim your pet.

* You can restrict users by access level.

# All players who can enter the house can use the "stable" command freely and it consumes no charges."

So if your house is public, I think that would mean anyone can stable, but only whoever you define as being allowed to by the security settings you apply to the post can claim.

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

I just got mine out of storage and it is a hitching post replica!
    I set it to owner and went to stable and claimed my pet and brought it to my house and stabled pet via post and it consumed a charge!
    Now i remember why I left it in storage!

5. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Replica ones do use a charge when you stable or claim a pet, the real ones (the one came from uogamecode) does not use a charge when you stable pets only when you claim a pet.

6. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

Ok good to know! still kind of worthless for my uses ! If i am in a hurry i just log out with my pet! and have never had a problem! "knocks on wood"