1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

HLA in PvM

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Speedy Orkit, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Has anyone else noticed this doesn't work all that well? Is it because monsters don't have HCI? I have used this in Doom, against Navrey, Medusa, etc, and seen little if any difference.

2. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Mmmmm, it depends on their base wrestling. If it's higher than 120 (yours) The equation is different than it is fighting a person of equal or lesser skill. IE they start with a higher hit chance.

But, it does seem to work.

3. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Not noticeable... hehe great one. :lol:

4. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I took it off my suit to snazz it up a bit... have not died yet and am getting hit the same.

5. spoonyd

spoonyd Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

HLA can reduce your HCI to negatives. Said so in a FoF a while back.

6. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

best way to notice the effect is find something you can barely kill (or that can barely kill you) (w/o HLA)
    then use HLA and note the difference?

It's not that great against casters since they don't need HCI, and it's worthless against stuff that you have no trouble with that wont hit much anyway.

7. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Learned long ago to hunt with a tamer / archer / mage or any combination of those. You'll be amazed at how much less repairing of armor you'll do. I'll toe to toe the big stuff just to get that old feeling from long ago when a demon was an epic fight 1v1. And the thrill of opening the corpse and seeing a bow or katana.