1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

HLL from Bloodwood doesn't work

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Wizal the Fox, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Wizal the Fox

Stratics Veteran

So, before using a charge of Forged Metal Of Artifacts to enhance my super duper bow with Bloodwood for an added 16% Hit Life Leech and HPR2, I copied all the stuff to TC1 to try.

The bow didn't had HLL in the first place, so there was no issue of stacking/non stacking the property, it just added it flawlessly. But then I actually TRIED the bow, and then came the bad surprise: Doing 100+ damage to a mob I still leech 0 Life, nada, not even 1 HP. The other leeches I had imbued (Mana and Stamina) work perfectly, just not the added Life Leech.

Is this a known bug?

2. Mr. Smither1

Mr. Smither1 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

When I ran the formula from:
    Hit Life Leech - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia
    It looks like if you did 100 damage to a monster you have a random % of leeching 0 to 2.4 hp because your using a ranged weapon. I would guess you get more hit points back from the hp regen 2 on the bow then from 16% life leech.

3. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

all ranged weapons get 1/2 back on leeches..

the tiny amount on LL you get from the wood would NOT be worth it unless you imbued the max LL you can imbue and then enhance it :)

witch then would work super :)

4. Wizal the Fox

Stratics Veteran

You're right, I had forgotten the 0.3 factor in the formula, so in fact the leech only gives 1 HP on average, which I could of course not see when mixed with the regen.

Unfortunately no, the LL from Bloodwood enhancement does not stack. So yeah I guess Bloodwood is useless for range weapons. Ash all the way!

5. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

that sucks they dont stack, i guess ash it is..

just remember to pof, imbue then enhance, as ash also adds lower req and that will throw off imbuing weights..