1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Hmm how should I spend last 100 skill points?

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by DuttyD, Jan 2, 2009.

1. DuttyD

DuttyD Guest

I have
    100 resist
    100 parry
    100 hiding
    90 steal
    90 stealth
    90 snoop
    50 ninjitsu

I was thinking Wrestling.. Do you still get hit less with it?
    Then I was thinking Spirit speak for some healing...
    Then I got thinking about weapon skill for shadow strike.

now im thinking magery for obvious reason.

2. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Magery has my vote...la

3. DuttyD

DuttyD Guest

Yea, its looking pretty good. Covers all the bases and I already have extra gm mage soulstoned

4. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Please excuse this ones' humble opinion, but parry? Hands must be empty to steal. This one must ask- would wrestling not be more useful than parry? Stun punch and disarm can be quite useful. Disarm for dexxers, stun for mages. And in addition you are harder to hit.

5. Nonel

Nonel Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yes, your hands do have to be free. However, UO has built-in arm/rearm macros. Just keep the shield down while stealing. Personally, I keep it down the whole time I'm hidden, because rearming it can tip off your mark.

Like Rico said, Magery is always nice. Allows you to tele-hide.

However...I like your idea of going with parry. Melee players you can dodge. But a couple archers with nice bows will drop a thief with no defenses FAST. The parry is useless without a combat skill, however. So if you're going parry, you must have wrestling or a melee skill.

Invest those free points in wrestling. Disarm, stun, and archers/melee will be hard pressed to ever hit you. I'll empty out 2 dexxer's packs without ever hiding, or running off screen. Just have a mirror image down, or be relatively full health, before disarming that shield to steal and you'll be golden. ;)

6. DaveSP!

DaveSP! Visitor

I'd take magery over SS for healing, as you get access to other useful spells (eg you can gate people to stuck spots then go and laugh at them!)

7. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

qft...la

8. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

I suggest stoning off Parry and Resist.
    Take Fencing or Wrestling to 120, ideally. Shadowstrike is invaluable as a thief or Assassin.
    Take Magery.

As my own personal preference,
    I lowered Stealing to about 70ish so I could raise Ninjitsu to 90ish.
    Now I have a fairly reliable Wolf form. I keep a pair of Shadowdancers on me in case I need more +stealing.
    In your case this would be unnecessary, llama or ostard would suit you well.

9. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Personally i went for alchemy and wrestle...no parry or resist.

Paralyse is easy enough to get rid of with trap boxes.
    Wrestle plus 65%dci makes me very hard to hit...i have run in circles around 5pvp archers standing still took a good 5mins to need to pot.

With a nice ring 80%enhance post is unbelievable...over 50hp per heal and you should see the fun when i throw a conflag into a group..does about 12hp per tick, explosion around 35+ (did over 100 to mel when i went with a group..i know its pvm but i was testing the enhance pots)

10. DuttyD

DuttyD Guest

I will just soulstone all skills and test em out...