1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Hoffs

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Kat, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

If you want to help your faction mates, join factions. I would think that someone who strives to run an honorable guild, wouldn't stoop so low as to interfere, otherwise. :)

2. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Pot. Meet. Kettle.

3. Calibretto

Calibretto Guest

He was there to give me a scroll to raise my detect hidden. You know I once saw an honorable guild leader sitting at a healer once res killing people that were getting a res during a champ in Umbra. Certinly this person wouldn't post here judging someone else now would they.

4. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

*blinks* Was just dropping something off to someone and was trying to dispel a couple revenants that were occupying all the faction guards.

Please don't dry and drag me into the normal faction mud-slinging without good reason.

5. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I run an evil guild, thus you should expect evil actions. All I'm saying is that is Mr/Mrs Hoffs should join factions if he/she wants to join in the fun, as he/she was there attempting to dispel reverents.

6. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Oh hey! Thanks for the reminder! WWE RAW is about to come on...

7. Calibretto

Calibretto Guest

Ahhhh! The truth comes out. Hoffs casted dispel!! His hands will promply be removed. You on the other hand can carry on res killing. Sorry to bother you.

8. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Had you just passed through, I wouldn't have said a word, but since you were blue and interfering, I figure you dragged yourself into it. ;)

9. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Yes, the rez-killing shall continue! Please do not:p bother me again about my evil ways.

10. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Take the count.

11. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I don't think that would have been a problem if it had been outside the guardzone. :)

12. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

uberass is a word? *chuckles* Many agree the faction items are out of hand.

13. God_Majere

God_Majere Guest

i throw them away.

14. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Nice try at distracting, Kelmo...

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

15. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Kinda like Krystal, Tairon, Noriat, Java, The Rebel, Boo Berry and several others in your guild who are not in factions? :D

16. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

hell all of myth for this matter.

17. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

They have characters that are in factions and despite your little fanboi-ish response here, you KNOW this for a fact. While some of those characters do PvP, we do not utilize blue non-faction characters when fighting for or defending sigils. :next:

18. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Who cares if they have chars in factions... what there pvmers? Gil has chars in factions as well... Kat you are nothing more than a hypocrite the sooner you realize this the better.

19. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Call names all you like, but it doesn't change the facts. Of course, we all know that any facts you are faced with go in one ear and out the other and then you start calling names and talking out of your ass. lol Typical. Way to build community, Kage!

20. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Explain how I am not building the community? Who started this thread? I am pretty sure I said the same things about you that you said about Hoffs... Only difference is I pointed out that you are a hypocrite and explained how...

21. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I started the thread. It was a fairly light-hearted thread until you came along and started name calling.

Like I said, we have blues that PvP, but we do not utilize blue, non-faction characters when we are fighting for sigils, guarding, raiding bases, etc. We use faction characters for that kind of stuff, instead of trying to gain an unfair advantage. Its as simple as that. If that makes me a hypocrite, then fine. I'm a hypocrite. rolleyes:

If you wish to argue or debate any further, you're on your own. G'nite.

22. Blind Otto

Blind Otto Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

So, Hoffs cast dis spell.
    What about dat spell?

I am sorry. My jokes tend to be very poor at 7:30 in the morning.

You can get back to your strange debate now.

*bows*

23. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Pretty much means you feel foolish and have no argument... Good nite kitten.

24. Calibretto

Calibretto Guest

Ummmm

What was Noriat doing there? He was blue and detecting was he not?

25. shipwrek

shipwrek Guest

Faction PKers (all faction, not just TnT) use faction gear as an advantage over non-faction players. If we're talking game integrity here, how about some even distribution?

I don't get involved with faction activities, but regularly get PKed by faction geared folks and looted. Unless one considers Factions a "more valid" aspect of the game, I don't see how you can cry foul and ignore this point.

26. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Correct sir!!

27. Black Tom

Black Tom Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Let me see if I can remember the line...oh yeah. "This is Siege. If you can't handle it, go back to Trammel".

28. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

No please dont say that, it doesnt help build the siege community and we have had serveral warning from the mods to not do it anymore. So please refrain from it!

God siege is the best server ever, I think Im going to open another account today. Its just amazing how awesome the game is now. I love it!!!

*humor*

29. Magnolia

Magnolia Guest

You sir have made the best point yet and is one of the main reasons I left UO. They once again did something that pretty much dictated game play decisions if you wanted to be strong... I hate that loss of freedom to choose and seeing everyone else follow along like sheep doing the latest gimmick to win and I didn't care to be victimized by those in faction that would have no problem using their faction advantage against those like me that don't care for the 20 minutes waste of time and never has.. I'm too impatient to sit out 20 minutes and more in a game for nothing. And I don't like dying to game mechanic advantages... So stupid... They fix one bad decision after another just to replace it with something else. Ridiculous! I keep watching for changes and getting my hopes up just to have old opinions reaffirmed...

Kat can only see her side and no other until it suits her to have the opposite view and she is not gonna change until it suits her to have the opposite view.

Oh and here is a cutie face so you think I'm being light hearted too. :D

30. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Factions and Non-Factions are not separate games online. The activities of
    one effects the other. I see no reason for Hoff to not do what Hoff does, and
    I seen no reason for Kat to not do what Kat does.
    As for joining Factions as Kat suggests, true it is that better equipment and
    other advantages are obtained along with constant risk everywhere along with
    having a base that Non-Factions can not operate, but...
    constant warfare is not a civilization building activity.
    Perhaps for a few weak moments of what Hoff thought was unfair,
    Hoff was compelled to do!
    You know...if Factions think that activities such as Hoff did needs to stop
    then your Factions may diminish some what!

Now who really wants less interplay?

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

31. Turtle

Turtle Guest

Boo is inactive, in faction and red. You Fail.

32. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

He is in SL not your guilds faction thanks for trying...

33. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I'll call B.S. on this one. After all, you are the one playing on a TB character tripping the traps in front of the Brit base to get points..

34. Turtle

Turtle Guest

Whats your point? Even if the character was active and I used him he's still red and in factions therefore attackable by anyone. Unlike Richy Rich who you daily pvp with, who is blue and no one can attack unless they take a count...the whole reason this thread was started. Blues being cowards in faction pvp, something KOC is renouned for. :scholar:

35. Turtle

Turtle Guest

Are you in factions? I'm going to assume your not since I've never seen you, ever. That being said I'd have to highly question your knowledge of faction fights, the way factions work and the things in factions that don't work. Feel free to prove me wrong and provide me with your elite knowledge of all that is faction including your character name you use in faction fights. :sleep2:

36. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I'll have to call BS on your BS call. 1. I do not have a character in TB. 2. All of my faction characters are in Minax. 3. Tripping traps for points? WTF are you even talking about?

As Turtle said, feel free to elaborate and share with us your vast knowledge of factions!

And to whoever mentioned the faction gear... I have always been about fair and balanced gameplay. For weeks after these faction arties were first mentioned, I launched a campaign against these items because I felt they would create an unfair advantage between faction and non-faction players.

And to whoever mentioned something about a non-faction detector? I run detect on my thief 24/7. There are several other faction members with detect as well. I don't need to call in a detector, nor have I ever.

37. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Gee, thats tough to figure out :coco:

http://my.uo.com/cgi-bin/my_chars.p...622374699a8887f8d305db7d30ba2bee9536a4496562e

38. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

We're waiting for an explanation, Vortex. It sounds to me like you are basically accusing me of exploiting. Please explain!

39. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

No, I wont elaborate on it further.

Your telling me that Gren Greenwood is not you and you got your 700+ points by killing people?

If so, then I apologize.

And before anyone asks, this is not a cheat accusation, what I am referring to is not a cheat.

40. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Sheesh, gimme time to type, lol.

41. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Gren Greenwood is not one of my characters, nor have I ever seen or heard of that character. Any points I have on my faction characters, Goldie, Kat and Dominatrix, have come from stealing sigils or killing another player [the latter being fairly rare].

Further, tripping traps for points? Please explain this. To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to gain any points from faction traps. If there is, it sounds like a bug or an exploit of some kind and you definitely threw out an accusation towards me. I would think you'd know better.

42. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Gotta love all this community bonding... Cant we all just get along? I thought their were going to be more stricter rules applied to these forums? This whole thread is not in anyway shape or form building the community.

.2 cents.

43. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

If it was a bug or exploit, then they would not be able to talk about it on the Factions forums. Do you really think I would make an accusation knowing that I am a mod and people like you would love an excuse to discredit me?

Do some research on the factions forum and you and Turtle will both have your answer. As I said, I was told you are the Gren Greenwood that I saw purposely running into the faction traps at Britain over and over.

As I said, if it wasn't you, then I apologize.

I'll go no further with this discussion as I can tell you are looking for some excuse to report me.

44. Turtle

Turtle Guest

It's hard to figure out because you don't pvp but its nice you joined factions to use the items for pvm. This I can only assume because your non-existent in pvp. If my assumptions is correct then you clearly should talk about how factions work/don't work because you don't know.

45. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

If you are going to say something at least tell the truth... Boo Berry is red and we don't attack him so we don't loose our faction rank...

Richy Rich is blue and the majority of the pvpers in TNT are red... and don't attack him because he is in there faction... and I would have no reason to bring him on the field if you guys didnt run so many damn tamers...

46. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Right again sir! I clearly do pvm on my stealth dismounting faction character wearing no arties! I use the heavy crossbow in my hand to dismount the evil monsters of the land!

I was playing this game when you were still a tadpole, Turtle, I know more about factions and this game than you assume.

You shouldn't assume, it makes an ... well, you know the rest.

47. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Vortex- There is no IF to it. Greenwood is NOT and has NEVER been my character. If there is, in fact, someone who told you that character is me, you should most definitely not trust information this person has to offer.

48. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Noted.

49. Turtle

Turtle Guest

I highly doubt you have played longer then me or siege longer then me :p

50. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I've played since beta, tho you were probably on Siege before me. However, I never said I had been here longer than you, I said I have been here longer than you assume and know more about factions than you think I do.