1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Holiday Cards

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lord Urza, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Lord Urza

Lord Urza Guest

I was just sitting here thinking how nice it would be if i had a bod book type deal for holiday cards, so i could save them all without having them take up so much storage in my house.
    Maybe it could be an item for some future holiday?

2. Lady Arwen

Lady Arwen Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I would love that. I try and save all mine, but over the years Ive collected so many of them they are kind of getting in the way..

3. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I'm keeping 4-500 I think from looong ago. I think this is a great idea because the only ones I keep these days are the white ones. We could get sets of the modern ones, but NO ONE has enough storage for all that given they release so many of them.

4. smip

smip Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I hear you. These screenshots are just from xmas 97 through 2001. You see the boxes from 2004 through 2006. Upstairs is 2007 through 2009. Still sorting out the ones from 2002 through 2009. All the chests there have only Christmas items in them. LOL

Anyone know what the 2002 stuff was? Stratics skips a year. They go from 2001 to 2003.

[​IMG]

5. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh plz devs

hey make it a first year reward... or whatever but.....

A book storing xmas cards and val. cards and any other card would save sooooooooo much storage and def. be a must have item!!!!

6. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

They can call it a "scrap book" and then we could decorate each page with little doo-dad stickers and googly eyes and have people sign them and start our own scrap booking clubs and swap and trade decorations and stickers!!!

wait... erm...

nm

just adapt a BOD book to hold greeting cards for us die-hard collectors.

tyvmkthnxbai!

7. Lord Urza

Lord Urza Guest

Im glad there is some support for this idea, I figured either someone would say "Yeah Id like one of those" Or everyone would just be like "Your crazy...and wierd" ......Not to say im not crazy, and er wierd, BUT STILL! :lick:

8. Miss Smoocher

Miss Smoocher Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

i wish we got cards to pass to friends like vday for christmas cards

9. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have had this complaint/concern for a long time now......

The Developers keep adding for Holidays collectibles which raise the item count a whole lot but leave the storage max the same nor provide anything to help store these collectibles more easily.

I am all ok with collectibles added for Holidays and the more the better BUT I think that the Designers should, along with them, also provide to players convenient ways to store them given how they have so much raised the need for storage.

I find it a contradiction to design items that raise exponentially the need for storage without ALSO providing more convenient ways to store them (or flat out increase the maximum storage allowed for players).

That's at least how I see it.

10. twoburntfouryou

twoburntfouryou Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I am one that is not impressed at all by the holiday cards. I enjoy the gifts as others do and I thank EA for them but the cards no. I need lockdowns and the first to go in the trash barrel are the cards I do not even look to see who's name is on them.