1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Holiday trading, wha?

Discussion in 'UO Holiday Trading' started by zorrah, Jan 7, 2009.

1. zorrah

zorrah Guest

I've been on vacation for nearly a month and am a bit out of the loop.

I'm wondering how this round of trading is working..

What is being trading, only the boxes themselves, or the contents as well?
    When you trade, do you wait to redeem your ticket so that you can choose the reward that the trader you're working with desires?

That being said, I have 6+ chars on almost every shard ready to trade, and I'm looking for Baja.

Thanks!

2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Using or keeping your tickets depend on what you want to trade for. If you just want more gifts on your shard, then you better not use the holiday tickets. But if you´re after neon boxes, or the rare icy patch version, then you gotta use your tickets :)

3. zorrah

zorrah Guest

So is it safe to say that if you're trading with someone on a straight ticket-to-ticket basis and one of you pops a rare box/rare ice, the trade still goes through despite the sudden rare (since the tickets are character-bound)? Or will the tradee get grouchy and demand to keep the rare?

4. Elffin

Elffin Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I made a poll about a week b4 xmas and people mostly voted for handing over whatever you get. I have done far to many trades this time around and each and every time i did a trade i passed every item over. I have recieved 18 Neon multi couloured boxes, 3 Rare ice patches and 1 rare white card, I have given atleast that in return.

Some people having got to the end of their trading and finding they still have tickets left over have taken the picks and are currently trading just the rare stuff for the same on their shard.

I think go with 1 for 1 whilst you can, when the trading dries up, go with the 2nd option. I still have about 400 tickets to trade, so i havent bothered doing the picks yet, so long as you have to ticket in your backpack you can pick anytime between now and when they pull the plug.

Elf.

5. zorrah

zorrah Guest

Thanks Elf :) Precisely the information I was looking for. *runs off to find some trades*

6. well my icq is on and I sent another icq message as well as a PM here, so yell at me when you ready to trade