1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Holiday Trees...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by RaDian FlGith, Dec 1, 2011.

1. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm currently trying to squeeze this year's gifts into my over-crowded Christmas/Holiday room in my museum, and as I look around at all the gifts that pervade the room bringing joy and cheer, I had one thought:

Why do we have to redeed our trees every year?

I ask only because, you know, nothing stops us from leaving Gandolph the Green Nosed Reindeer, snowmen, ice statues, sleds, garland, fireflies, wreaths, nutcrackers, icicles, snowy patches, snowmen, eggnog, and twenty million other decorations up year round... but our holiday trees have to go?

Not complaining, just wondering out loud. I actually gave up displaying anything but the deed in the museum because it's gone most of the year.

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

erm, you can have trees up all year. Have been able to for a while now. Just not with the decorations on them.

3. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yes... I suppose I should have been more specific...

That was sort of my point. :)

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I believe he meant WHY do they have to be redeeded in order to display as a Christmas Tree with all the lovely decorations when any day of the year I see 3 or 4 of my neighbors having the Sleigh and reindeer sitting there day in day out year after year???

I see folk with all kinds of Christmas decorations on display ALL YEAR long... yet each year I have to put up my tree anew to display it as a Christmas Tree.

5. Erigo

Erigo Adventurer

Why not place Fireflies on them trees!?

6. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

A little creative decor handywork.... and that's totaly possible. ;)

7. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I just thought of something funny… regarding what you said about your GAME neighbor keeping their decorations up all year.

lol.

I had a REAL WORLD neighbor that kept their lights up all year round. Not on every night, mind you… but they never bothered taking them down. I mean… never. The next year would come and they would put a new series of strings up over the old. Clearly, the old ones wouldn’t survive the year long bombardment of weather and wind. The house wasn’t in the best neighborhood, so we gave it up… thanks to the times being what they are and all… but I can't help wonder if the collections of yearly strings now look like some kind of horrid garland along the outline of that house. This, with several adults unwilling to take care of their own house.

Yeah... several more Christmas decor items need to be on that same old tree timer. Now, you'll see 12 foot father Chrismases up all year round! They are a noise-maker statue, not deeded.

8. Adrianas

Adrianas Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Gilfane

Actually, I like to use the un-decorated trees as deco - as trees! The 'modern' design makes for a nice addition out in the yard. And when they turn them on for the holidays, voila! The decorating is done! (Wish it worked like that in rl, lol.)