1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Holy Light + Weapon In Hand Weapon = Wear Intended?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DarkScripture, Feb 10, 2009.

1. I was fighting slimes in a low end champ spawn. My weapon was getting trashed so.. I got to thinking of using my holy light to kill the ones that surrounded me and save my weapon some damage. I discovered that if I had 200 durability left on my weapon and had say 15 slimes all around and I burn them to dust with my holy light; my weapon took 15 durability loss. I was able to over-come this by removing my weapon, but why would my weapon be damaged by my magical attack? If that is the case should not my shield be eaten away as I block the slime attack? I think I found a bug. I will be summiting it. Just had never noticed this before.
  2. Silly Seadog

Stratics Veteran It's My Birthday

Jun 21, 2007
    Arrrr, slimes do be spittin' some evil acid!
  3. Kimball

Kimball Guest

This happens with necro and wither as well. I just take my weapon off when doing the slimes, but it would be nice to know if this is intended. I have noticed that distance may be a factor since sometimes my weapon will not take any damage when in hand...I just figure it is because the slime is far enough away.
  4. I just took note after testing and thought to share. It seems any area effect that hits all slimes also drops the durability. I tested it on a Fire-Poison-Physical area effects so far. I am thinking it will be the same on all area hits.
  5. I'd start by issuing a bug report in game. You won't get feedback, but it might get any fix started.
  6. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sep 24, 2003
    It is splash damage (AoE). Odd it only splashes on your weapon though. It has around a 3-4 tile range. I can hit them with wither and if they are far enough away my weapon takes no damage. I just unequip it anyway.
  7. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    I don't think it was intended (they announced they had fixed it awhile ago, but obviously the fix didn't take).

I've come to accept it as just the price of being able to have nice spells like Holy Light or Wither.

-Galen's player
  8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    Also note that SOME weapons don't appear to take the damage.

I had a hammer pick that didn't take the damage, a blaze of death, and several other weapons. There doesn't appear to be a pattern to it. Just try weapons in you collection, and perhaps you can find one that's immune (especially older weapons).
  9. von Beck

von Beck Guest

Weapons with Spell Channelling don't take acid damage from slimes.

Doesn't explain your blaze of death though....
  10. Kimball

Kimball Guest

Just a little re-hash of the subject, but I noticed when I was in Despise with my Necro-Mage (with no weapon skill) my boomstick was not taking damage. I found this to be curious. Perhaps this is somehow linked to your weapon skill.
  11. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

Did you by chance accidently hit one of the slimes while casting Holy Light? That would cause the durability loss.

I've had that happen before, cast HL and one of the slimes didn't die and instanlty agro'd onto me, and my blade hit it. I think this only happens to melee weapons.

Never had durability loss to any of my bows while shooting slimes/casting HL.
  12. RichDC

RichDC Guest

The fix intended was that ranged attacks wouldnt take damage so bows wouldnt, and nor would mage weaps when casting spells from them.

However it appears to have messed up a little bit making it that no sc weap takes damage, im going to test it later with a sc radiant just for kicks
  13. If that was directed to me. As stated I lost MASSIVE durability using Holy Light on a group of slimes at one casting. The weapon took the durability lose from each and every slime slain during the one casting to my weapon. This was not a miss swing. I tested it again to make sure and very sure of it. I tested it using other weapons too. I now need to test the mage weapon theory. I need more info to test correctly. Are the weapons that are stated to not lose durability the -20 through -29 Mage weapons or the spell channeling weapons?