1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Honor Gate..What happened..

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Dragonater, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Dragonater

Dragonater Journeyman

Another poster (can't find it now,sorry) made the excellent point that with all the controversy, about the Stat Scrolls, the events meaning and results haven't been addressed. So I'll repeat one that was asked. What's the reason for the "fractured" Honor moongate, any ideas? What other questions are there?

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

No one knows the reason the moongate fractured, we can only surmise that it was somehow caused by the death of Exodus.

3. Dragonater

Dragonater Journeyman

Thanks Petra, thought maybe it was explained and I missed it. Tbd.

4. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

All I know is that needs to be the art for regular moon gates as well..looks awesome in CC

5. Haddy G

Haddy G Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

No no no, that art needs to be in my house. :) Yes it does look awesome. :)

Xalan Dementia likes this.
  6. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

if I'm remembering correctly, (it was very late..) Dupre told us that the evil energy released with the destruction of Exodus lingered in the area and corrupted the gate

7. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I incline to the view that the last paragraph of the new in-game book, 'A Weathered Journal', may be relevant both to the destruction in the Gargoyle city and the damage to the Honor gate

UO Stratics *New* | A Weathered Journal

"I dont have much time as the creature expects me to return or will spirit me away again at anytime; at great expense and effort I managed to trace the flow of the spell used to summon me and correlate it with Ilshenars known geography to locate where this creature seems to be drawing power from. By removing or destroying this area, I should render it incapable of such feats, but I have no idea how well it can detect these things. In a position where all choices are fraught with danger, I can only choose the one that presents the least to the lands even if it may present the most to my own person. I may not be as powerful a mage as Nystul, but I have not let him far surpass me either. Gilforns ideas of moonstones, perhaps combined with blackrock and my own abilities its possible. It was difficult to obtain blackrock, but Heckles didnt fail me and nor has he ever. I hope that he realizes how essential his services were. If I cannot eliminate Exodus entirely and still have access to the blackrockthen I will destroy everything I can to prevent it from manifesting."

Dragonater likes this.
  8. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

I was JUST about to say...READ THE JOURNAL! LOL That's exactly what I thought too..Blackthorne somehow managed to get himself some blackrock and destroyed the moongates cus that's how exodus was getting his power.....VEERRRYYY interesting read..I'd suggest if you haven't done so...read it :)

Dragonater likes this.
  9. Dragonater

Dragonater Journeyman

Wow..this is good stuff, adds flavor with a twist to the event. The funny thing is I read thru it but not being well versed on Sosaria history (probably should bone up if I'm going to play the game. Gilforn, Heckle ? ), I just didn't make the connections. So thanks Aurelius for pointing the way and Larisa for giving us the quick snap shot. Just to see if I've got your idea right. Blackthorne is actually doing a GOOD thing. Or just seems like that? He corrupted the moongate to prevent Exodus from gaining power thru it? Yes, or am I off course? More questions but no time now.

10. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Honor Gate.​
    [​IMG]

Arrgh and Sevin0oo0 like this.
  11. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

According to the journal, he led Exodus to believe that he was going to allow him(Exodus) to transform him(Blackthorn) into a half-human/half-machine thing...Blackthorn did this so he could gain entrance into Exodus's lair and hopefully find out how to stop it.

So to ME anyway, it seems Blackthorn was HELPING...in this bit right before what Aurelius posted....

The creature thinks itself powerful enough to offer me Sosaria under my rule…but it means to do so by conquest. Any who read my political call to anarchy would know that freedom is something I believe all should have and exercise but I think I can convince this monstrous being otherwise and perhaps by tricking it, put myself in a position to stop it. I have already led it to believe I will return to it and allow it to place me into a different body some hideous amalgamation of flesh and machine. It then returned me to my own castle to prepare myself for conversion, but I know what I have to do.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  12. Alouenikah

Alouenikah Caretaker of Sudiva
    Stratics Veteran

I like this. It adds a bit of complexity to the plotline that I was honestly not expecting from the outset.

Also Exodus's graphic was amazing. Props to the art team!

13. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

If anyone didn't know:

Heckles: Lord Blackthorn's jester (Like Chuckles was Lord British's). In stead of good-natured humor, Heckles was fond of putdowns and mockery. Only seen in UO once during the Beta. (Not counting any Seer/EM appearances)

Gilforn: According to a 2001 BNN story, this mage is "the foremost authority on Gate travel and teleportation spells in the land." He is credited with discovering Ilshenar after being given the magicks to open facet gates by the Shadowlords via the wisps.

On GL, Dupre said that the Honor gate had been corrupted by a contingency plat put in place by Exodus should he fail. One of the projects Exodus had set in motion was called "Project Facet" and it was very near to completion before Saturday. I'm wondering if this may have been foreshadowing what happened to the gate. Our next event is titled "Gates and Grimoires," so I'm hoping to learn more then.

As far as Blackthorn goes, he may have had noble intentions originally, but after Exodus assimilated him...notsomuch. The original telling of his meeting with Exodus went quite differently, so the journal is yet another retcon.

Ludes and Sevin0oo0 like this.
  14. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie

If you read the original telling, there is absolutely room for the events of the journal to transpire. His initial meeting with Exodus ends with "“Excellent.” The lights flickered and Blackthorn could feel himself being enveloped in warm energy." This could mean he was returned to his own place to set aside his final affairs... we don't really know for certain.

The way the story is split up, there is definitely room between point A and point B of him actually being in his new body.

I'm not sure I'd call it a retcon, but rather an expose of events we weren't previously privy to.

15. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Well,,, yes and no... Much as I'd love a totally consistent 'history' for UO, in all honesty the way it's all evolved from the already inconsistent 'lore' of the standalone Ultima and then passed through so many different hands as managers/developers/designers, I think there just isn't one true 'book' any more. This is quite a change to what we've worked with, but I don't know... it could be more subtle than a drastic 'retcon', although given past fiction that's hard to believe, but there's a slim chance it's a revealing of something we didn't know (even if that was not the original intent of the older stories....). Maybe. dreaming a bit, it's the start of actually bringing the lore into line - never into a strict 'these are the complate facts' history because that's probably impossible and too stifling for a lot of future game changes, but it's always a possibility we can hope for.

I can argue it as a resurfacing of the original personality of Blackthorn - the one in the early in-game books supporting diversity and sharing the world changes in the one writing 'A Welcome', and it never rang quite true for me.

As far as I'm concerned, though, there is a trick maybe being missed here. If this is to hang together really well, it would be better for Blackthorn to have 'lapsed' but then in some way 'recovered', and a long time ago (so long ago I can't find it any more) I drafted a fanfic piece about soulstones and why they came in to Sosaria apparently from nowhere - made them a 'plot' by LB, since the machines kept losing to humans despite having the apparent skills to defeat them, he persuaded Exodus that something about 'humanity' was the key. They design the soulstones knowing it will syphon off a tiny part of that 'humanity'each time the stone is used, Exodus thinks it's going to assist the machines but actually Blackthorn's using it to keep resisting the change to totally subservient to the machine. Totally 'non-lore' for UO, but I still think it would work, and there's so much we don't know about the world and what's been going on in it.

After all, we sort of coped with the original 'let's make Blackthorn a robot' and never really explain the connections with Ilsh and Sosaria... or why there's Malas creatures in statue form in the Ter Mur museum, along with a statue of Blackthorn... or why the wisps once could communicate with humans (or vice versa)but now can't ... or why gate 'magic' seems to be able to do all sorts of stuff whenever it makes for a good (or a merely average) story... too much UO lore boils down to the classic bad fantasy trope 'a wizard did it' as an excuse ;)

16. Martyna Zmuir

Aye, there is wiggle room in Downfall to Power to shoehorn 'a weathered journal'. However, I find it interesting that you both took 'retcon' as something negative. All a retcon means is to add to/alter the information/history of a character or fictional setting. Sometimes retcons contradict established history, other times they don't. I don't particularly like them when it comes to UO since they tend to be the contradicting type.

Blackthorn's descent into evil was rather abrupt, now we potentially know why. He intended to trick Exodus, but the assimilation process was too good. His resistance proved futile. Now, over a century later, we may get to see his "revenge" on Exodus instead of Britannia - assuming this plot thread is continued.

The inconsistent lore of UO is why I've suggested they get lore keeper for many years. If someone was careful, they could smooth some of the wrinkles and tidy the frayed plot threads to create a cohesive tapestry. In fact, this arc (at least on GL) has tried to fix the massive Juka/Meer retcon that borked Ilshenar's original fiction. The new books in Mireg (Lakeshire) say that the Meer were the Anskitas and knew of Exodus when Montor was a flourishing city...this particular retcon needs work since it only raises more questions. Since Ilshenar is presumed to be the Lands of Danger and Despair which disappeared after the Shattering, how could the Meer have watched proto-humans before they went into a millennias-long hibernation? Was the continent displaced temporally? o_O

17. Eaerendil

Eaerendil Younger than Kelmo, but also in the way...
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran King'sYewHighlanders

Could it be, that the GUARDIAN is behind all this? I had my fight against him many years ago in U7 and I think he is one of the most powerful opponents we could face...

18. Martyna Zmuir

Getting the Guardian into UO without the Avatar would be a big retcon :p However, if they referenced his interdimensional nature and penchant for meddling in other worlds, they could pull it off. It would even make sense for the Guardian to weaken/corrupt the echoes of Sosaria Prime in order to gain power there. If they did that, then they'd finally be telling us how much time has passed in relation to the single player games, we'd be somewhere after the False Prophet and before Ascension. I'd suggest they put the Guardian's meddling in the UO timeline either during the Fellowship's rise to power (pre-UXII) or during assault on Britannia during Underworld II. Setting the prime timeline post-conquest just seems a little too blah.

19. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

I tend to view retcons in UO negatively from the start, because most UO 'retcons' are disruptive to the continuity of the world we think we're playing in ;) In other circumstances - well, I'm still not a fan. It's too often a sloppy substitite for a 'neat idea' someone wants to cram in to an already structured scenario (or to produce and sell a few more volumes of a fiction series, either book or TV). Genuine revelations about what went on are a different matter, but they do need to be well constructed..... which also isn't something I feel can be said of UO 'lore'.

Immersion in a world requires it mostly remains to a significant degree consistent - UO 'history' tends to swing wildly around at times, and then get hammered into enough 'consistency' (frequently by the players!) afterwards, so you can at least give a plausible explanation to anyone why stuff happens like it does in Sosaria.

20. Dol'Gorath

Dol'Gorath Grand Inquisitor

The Guardian would be impossible in UO since the guardian is an evil version of the Avatar. Since he never existed in our shards the Avatar/Guardian split never occured and so he can't exist.

21. Landicine

Landicine Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I agree there are some issues with the Juka/Meer retcon, but you got a few details wrong. Not all the Meer went to sleep. Adranath stayed awake:

"No, child. It was the only way we could follow. The sleep of eternity holds the Meer here." He walked through the chamber to a tomb whose lid had not been sealed. "But someone had to stay. Someone had to watch for the Juka." He turned to her. "The duty was mine. After what I had done... what I had once done and was undone... I had to atone."

Also, there were humans before the Meer went to sleep. Kabur mentions them:

" What you call a 'balance between two races' is nothing more than useless stagnation. We have squandered generations on unresolved conflict. In the meantime the gargoyles and the humans have grown smarter and more numerous. Soon they shall threaten us. The world is changing, Dasha."

One thing I never understood was why the original history of Ilshenar needed to be retconned at all when the Meer and Juka stuff took place long before Mondain and the Shattering. Also, time travel and world-inside-a-shard always rubbed me the wrong way. I understand time travel was part of several Ultimas, but it always seemed a strange way to graft the Ultima 2 stuff into game.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  22. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Well, i am not allowed to tell but to hell with it:

Later we will be able to use this gate(s) to Shard-Hop limited to once a week...

Sorry i spoilered this...but i am like that...

If you dont believe me, just wait and you will see...you can pay me a beer afterwards for beeing right...

P.S. It is the beginning of shard merging...

Eaerendil and Dragonater like this.
  23. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Unless I am mistaken, the Guardian wasn't an evil version of the Avatar, but was the evil/darkness that was part of the Avatar that he removed from himself as he became the Avatar.

Eaerendil likes this.
  24. Dragonater

Dragonater Journeyman

This is an interesting conversation going on. While a little over my head I am trying to follow and appreciate that those of you who really understand the historical context of the event are willing to share. It really adds depth. Having said that I have a couple of basic (dumb?) questions..Did we kill Exodus? I know we fought him and won but is he gone for good or will we always be looking over our shoulders? What is the status of BT?

25. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

26. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

If you go by the Ascension we got, then yes. If you don't, he was just a very powerful evil interdimensional being with possible ties to the Shadowlords.

27. Dragonater

Dragonater Journeyman

I'm not going to bet against that.

28. Martyna Zmuir

Never said all the Meer went to sleep, but thats not all that important at the moment. I do find it interesting though that exactly how much time passed since they went to sleep is still left up in the air. All we have is one line from Adranath in the story you referenced, The Watcher:

"Thousands of years... so very... very long...”

So we know it's at least more than two thousand, but more than 10? Several tens?

These lines are what seem to indicate that humans from the time of the original Juka/Meer conflict were little more than what we might consider neanderthals or later humans of Stone Age equivalent development:

The Challenge:

The Meer warrior crouched on a smooth-topped boulder, her armor in a neat pile beside her. She did not need it at the moment. No Jukan patrols came this far up the rocky slopes. The only inhabitants of these dry mountains were tribes of gibbering humans, whose crude weapons posed her no threat. Clothed in the wind, she called on the spirits of the exalted ancestors to guide her through this pivotal night. Once the Juka ignited the signal torch below, the trial of two races would begin.

Enemies and Allies:

Kabur raised his head and met Blackthorn's glare. He made very little effort to hide his disdain for one that was still, in his eyes, human. To Kabur, humans had been nothing but primitive pests, animals who roamed the wilderness fighting over scraps of food. Now in this new era the land was almost ruled entirely by humans. Humans with cities. Humans with magic. But worst of all, a human that gave him orders.

The quote from Clash in the Darkness:

" What you call a 'balance between two races' is nothing more than useless stagnation. We have squandered generations on unresolved conflict. In the meantime the gargoyles and the humans have grown smarter and more numerous. Soon they shall threaten us. The world is changing, Dasha."

It does fit with the prior two, especially since it was written by the same author (who also wrote the three novels in the Ultima: The Technocrat War for UO2).

The use of time travel has only muddied the history of the Juka/Meer conflict. What are we on, version 3 now?

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  29. Petra Fyde

heheh, you really, really shouldn't post stuff like this - there are folks around who will actually believe it.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  30. Eaerendil

Eaerendil Younger than Kelmo, but also in the way...
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran King'sYewHighlanders

Yes, both readings are familiar to me... I wouldn´t say that the Guardian cannot play a role in UO... Never say never...

31. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

If you look at the premise of UO and the shattering of the Gem. There is still a Sosaria where the Avatar came to be and existed. There is no reason that the Guardian cannot find out and come to the shards.

32. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Not sure that the Guardian would work at all in UO. Your sure right it would be a huge retcon but it also wouldn't make that much sense. While the Guardian did mess with the mutliverse UO seems to be facets of the multiverse each would have its earth and other worlds so I am not sure if the Guardian could mess with anything other then the one he came from so it would be a huge streatch. Not to mention it would be odd adding him in without the Avatar.

33. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

This is correct.

34. Martyna Zmuir

If you're meaning the notion (which is mentioned in the UO opening movie) that the Gem of Immortality somehow copied the entire universe within itself, and subsequentally in each of its shards, that makes it even more of a mind numbingly powerful artifact then it already was. So how did Mondain fail? (Rhetorical question)

I never bought that interpretation, especially since we only see a copy of Sosaria in the shards during the movie. (Each gem shard = 1 game shard) It would make more sense for the shards to be copies of Sosaria trapped inside their own little tesseract. The edges of which, to those inside, show the rest of the Sosarian system and the universe beyond (instead of showing us the inside of a box (or whatever) the shards are stored in on Sosaria Prime). The facets aren't other worlds (aside from Ter Mur), but the missing continents which vanished during the Shattering. They are actually still part of Sosaria, but they are dimensionally folded to the point where we can't see them or travel to them directly. (Example of what I mean: Take an original map of the Sosarian planet with all the continents. Carefully crumple it into a ball so that only the 'Lands of Lord British' are visible on the outside. Place the crumpled ball in a jar. You now have a decent visual representation of a shard of the Gem.) Dimensional folding is the only way to avoid the ludicrous torus shape the planet would need to be based on how the map edges warp travelers.

One could argue that the loss of the other continents was a plan devised by Exodus since it benefited him. It is relatively reasonable to postulate that something meddled during the Shattering for a presently unknown reason, opening the door for future baddies etc.

The Guardian could be made to make sense in UO, as an outside influence interfering in the minds of a shard's inhabitants. Muppet-head never seemed the hands-on conqueror type in the mainline games, he always had agents doing his bidding while he was "elsewhere." Perhaps, such an agent acquired a shard during one of the incursions into Sosaria Prima, delivered it to the Guardian who then found a way to use it to increase his power. Maybe that's why Malas (Lands of the Dark Unknown) is crumbling into the Void? Maybe that's why Siege is the "Dark Shard"? *shrugs* All conjecture of course. Bringing the Guardian "physically" into UO and making him a big boss fight like Exodus would make little sense in the larger Ultima universe.

Woodsman likes this.
  35. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

I thought you were serious until I got to the shard merging part. There's no way you can merge shards without really pissing off people.

But if they made it easy to shard hop, would be a great way to add to the game. When I say easy, I mean not limited to once a week. Something that infrequent is not going to get people all that excited, unless they are rares or RTM types who don't mind losing home shard access to those characters for a week at a time. A week long move to another shard would disrupt a lot of guild activities.

But an at-will way to move around, that would be a nice move. The RMTers and rares traders might ***** if they think that it will eat into their profits, but for everybody else, it would be welcome.

36. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

As my Avatar says......... :p
    I still like the idea that came out of my sick brain bahaha

37. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

Shard hopping is not that crazy of an idea though, because Ilshenar and the original stuff plays into it.

People think that Ilshenar is just a tacked on land mass, like T2A, but the stories about it, and the restrictions like the gate/recall stuff, and the history of the Ilshenarians focusing on their abilities to travel around, and everything else like the Honor Gate being destroyed, it really feels like bigger things.

If the people writing this event wanted some historical stuff, there are plenty of things they can draw from. To go into a facet invented just for UO, and a history that is focused on moongate travel can't be a coincidence.

38. Petra Fyde

hmm, maybe - but we've had a story arc dealing with corrupted moongates and places in Ilsh before. The Inu story arc, with Barry the talking moongate, culminating in fighting the void daemon, accessed by saying a secret word at the end of the passage by the magic tree. All I would say is, consider the possibility, but don't get your hopes up too much and be disappointed if you're wrong.

39. Salivern_Diago

Salivern_Diago Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I keep reading about shard gates and all that... I'm sorry but it is a load of old hocus! And I can list out the reasons why:

1 - It would require a complete restructuring of ALL the shard servers just to accomodate the idea
    2 - It would cause EA to loose income though the loss of the Transfer tokens (And that is NOT going to happen peroid)
    3 - It would require a complete rewrite of the transfer code and implimentation, to be honest the Dev's have far more important things to work on that 'Shard hoping'
    4 - Why would they give 14 year Vets a reward that gives them a Xfer token once a month if they were planning on this?
    5 - Dupes! The way Transfering works could (and probably would) open up loads of new ways of duping. To understand how that 'might' happen you have to know how transfering your character to another shard happens (In essence your character is 'copied' to the target shard and once that is complete and verified the orginal is deleted along with all items etc). I can just see the dupers rubbing thier hands together at the very thought!
    6 - The server code was never designed to allow Shard hoping as we use gates currently so adding that facility will more than likely made the servers fold up and die

IF anything a new land mass or dungeon is on the horizon and the gate could be a way into it. It may even be a specalist dungeon that allows all players from all shard to access (Like TC/Shard of the Dead etc) but again that opens up several security holes. Some of you really need to set your goals a little more realistic and look at the probable not the impossible... and Shard Gates are definately impossible, sorry.

Nimuaq likes this.
  40. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I totally agree with your points, but I still think a multi-shard facet would be great which you can only return to your own shard from and Ilshenar is perfect for this as it cant be marked (thus cant be gated to), no housing is allowed and it is basically a very big dungeon in and out of itself. However, as you have already stated, the technicalities (eg. latency problems due to the location of the server that runs the Ilshenar facet, item transfers across shards, etc.) will probably prevent this from happening.

41. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

As far as the artwork. Is this another case of something in CC getting compliments for being watered down EC artwork.

42. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Unless Multi-shard Ilshenars were 1 per server farm. 1 for the East Coast, 1 for the West Coast, 1 for Europe, 1 for Japan, 1 for Korea, 1 for Taiwan. That eliminates latency issues.

Set up to where you can only return to your shard, and Ilshenar becomes a trade center. With a little help from friends or a second account, it would make some shard transfers a lot easier (instead of having to transfer with packies, you have the 2nd account bring your stuff in their packies to you after transfer to one of the safe areas, like spirituality, transfer everything to your packies, and haul it to your new home). IF item transfers so bother you, make future EM items bound to their origin shard, and you can't pass through a gate to Ilshenar with them.

The only concern then becomes confusion if two guilds with the same tags on different shards start having issues with each other (IIRC, the actual guild ID is a number, at the tags are really just displays).

43. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor

I'm already packing stuff up on various shards in preparation!

44. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Barok: OMG the Young Ones.... Not thought about that show in ages (I still remember the Flood episode where the one character hid in the wardrobe and ended up in Narnia).

45. Dragonater

Dragonater Journeyman

I just noticed this in the latest chapter of The Awakening . This is Dupre ...The events at the moongate had only served to reinforce his unsteadiness; He’d intended to immediately return to Felucca and his hunt for Minax, but if the moongates were corrupted in such a way, could it possibly be an infection like the gargoyles were even now still facing in Ter Mur? And if so, would it spread to the rest of Gilforn’s gates, or even to those temporary ones conjured by so many mages....In that last sentence, is the implication that our own personally cast gates will be corrupted? If so how? Just won't work, or when we walk thru we're re-directed or maybe we'll be infected? Of course we don't know for sure but am I even reading that right?

46. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I think that's just speculation on the part of Dupre. One gate was corrupted, so it would only be logical for him to assume that the others, including temporary gates, could be affected as well. However, I don't believe they'd actually do that to us, unless they're ready to face the wrathful flames of all the mages... Heh.

47. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor

Maybe the devs are finally going to let is recall/gate into Ilshenar.

48. Fig_The_Ancient

Fig_The_Ancient Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I hate to derail this VERY interesting Conversation....My Biggest question...Blackthorns palace is gone now... isn't anyone curious as to why we recovered a journal penned by Blackthorn just after his castle is completely gone?(even the leftovers are gone now)

Not to mention that spot links directly to the lizardman caves below from when Blackthorn was aligned with them for SOME purpose...

*ponders the future*

Woodsman likes this.
  49. Petra Fyde

I don't know of any lizardman caves below. Are they shard specific? How do you reach them?

50. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Its possible but for some reason it seems a bit like an odd vilian for UO. There is plenty of other things that they could throw in first before it comes to that. But your right anything could be done it just makes far less sense in UO then adding in something else instead.