1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Honoring enemys

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by JamezC, Jan 17, 2010.

1. JamezC

JamezC Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

This probably just a single response question

If you honor your opponent and a pet like swamp dragon attacks the honored enemy do you lose perfection?

Sorry if this is a silly question:blushing:

2. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

As far as I know ... you cannot honor other players. (Well theres this older 'I honor thee'-thingy, but it has nothing to do with the virtue and the benefits for bushido from it.)

3. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

How about honoring monsters and then having your pets help in attacking it? Any effect on honor then? I would expect that you wouldn't get honor if you fought a monster that way, but I'm too knew to know for sure.

4. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I don't know if you lose perfection, but I'm pretty sure you won't gain any unless you actually strike your opponent with your weapon.

As far as honor goes, you can gain it while using your pets. Many tamers work their honor up while using pets.

5. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Shelley, thanks for clearing that up for me. Glad to know my tamer can get honor that way. You still get honor if you use magery in the attack, right?

6. JamezC

JamezC Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I'm not so much worried about gaining honor as i am about getting the damage increase from perfection in Bushido. It wouldn't really make sense to be able to honor opponents if you were going to use pets. That is why i ask.

Thank you!
    - James

7. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=154

Honorable combat is defined as:

* Allowing your opponent to damage you first.
    * Engaging in one-on-one combat.
    * Not using ranged weapons, unless you stay in the same spot where you honored your opponent, or you only damage your opponent while adjacent to them.
    * Not allowing your pets or summoned creatures to help you during the battle.
    * Avoiding the use of poison.

The amount of Honor you gain from defeating your opponent is determined by how closely you followed the above guidelines for honorable combat, as well as your opponent's level of fame.​

So it's harder for tamers or summoners to gain honor compared to a warrior.
    For direct damage characters, it's harder for archers and mages to gain honor compared to a melee warrior.

A tactic I use on my mage to max honor gains is to let my EVs whittle away the mob's HP, then precast ebolt and run adjacent to the mob to release the kill shot.

As to the OP's concern regarding damage increase from perfection, it is not affected by your pets' (or other mobs'/players') damage to your target.

8. JamezC

JamezC Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you Harlequin!

Answered my question to the full and then some!
    Thank you everyone else also.

- James