1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Price Check] Hooded Robe of Umbra

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Adeka, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Adeka

Adeka Sage

I have this pretty little robe here, and I am thinking of selling it at the fest, but I have NO idea as to what it's current value is. I know what I payed for it, but I don't know if that is a current and sell-able price.
    Anyone?

hooded robe.png

2. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I don't think this item is rare. It can still be obtained with a Legacy token at the EA Origin online store. I've seen these for sale for 1M gold or less on player vendors.

3. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Far as I know they can't be dyed normally. That looks to be sigil. Try searching the forums.... I think someone PC'd one somewhat recently.

4. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Was there not an exploit a few years back, when these and the shrouds were neon hued? however they lost the blessed tag, or maybe they were dupes, not seen a Sigil one before though. Might be a good idea to explain a bit of history about the robe for buyer peace of mind, shame to pay for it only to be deleted.......

5. Adeka

Adeka Sage

Is there a way to contact the mods or whomever I would need to show it too? I have tried to dye the Hooded Robe of Umbra I bought off of a vendor, and it is not possible. I even tried the clean up dyes, so it's not something of that nature.

Thanks

6. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

This was not the hooded robe dupe from around 2008 when hooded robes of umbra lost their tags and became neons (maybe they were just dyable) it didnt lose its tags so while it might be a related exploit, it wasnt a dupe of that exploit. most items like this are "legal" from what ive seen over the years and wont be deleted or anything. The last one that i saw sell was around 7 months ago. I think he sold it for 60 million or around there. I might be wrong and who knows maybe thats the one you bought. the economy has changed since then, so might technically be worth more, but you have to find someone who values it. Like my slime-dyed hat of the maji, rareity and utilization wise it technically is worth hundreds of millions, but i would have to find someone who wants it that much.

P.S. anyone want to buy a blue slime dyed hat of the maji?

#6 Smoot, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013