1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

'Hope for the Future' Event: A Walkthrough

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Wallenstein, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Wallenstein

Wallenstein Guest

The Ultima Online Ledger has a walkthrough for the current town crier event, 'Hope for the Future'.

The walkthrough is currently listed as the feature article on the site. If when you visit it is no longer the feature article, the guide will forever be accessible by clicking the 'In-Game Events' category.

We are also interested in your pictures and/or logs of the event. Feel free to send any pictures/logs to [email protected] to be posted. Of course, credit will be given where it's due :)

Hope it helps those of you struggling!

UOLedger.com Admin
  2. Stigmatas

Stigmatas Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Nov 23, 2002
    Hey that site is cool. Just found it when all this **** hit the fan and I love it. Frashizzle.
  3. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

May 15, 2008
    I actually found out that this walkthrough is not complete and contains a few mistakes. However, it does lead you to the result nevertheless.

I actually find this link more accurate and detailed (no offense, Wallenstein!):
  4. Lord Kynd

Lord Kynd Guest

me also, that other site is horriable to find info on.
  5. the 4th man

the 4th man Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jul 31, 2005
    The walkthroughs not bad, neither is the site. The quests are rough enough even with a walkthrough.....I saw a few dead walking around....I used my thief.....which leads me to ask.....is this a one time quest per character??
  6. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    You can only get the Spring Cleaning Tickets and Melissa's Cloak one timer per character. So people are using as many characters as possible.
  7. ki-rin

ki-rin Guest

thanks for the walkthrough :)
  8. Wallenstein

Wallenstein Guest

Hi all,

After reading a few e-mails and a lot of comments regarding the walkthrough, the general consensus was that it was confusing and contained some misplaced information.

I decided to re-do the entire event keeping brand new notes as I went. Any and all adjustments that I noticed needed to be made were made. I hope the guide is more helpful now and laid out a bit more easily.

FYI, the walkthrough is located here.

9. AdamD

AdamD Guest

Good job :)
  10. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    Wallenstein: The word for the Demon room door is "futile", not "resistance is futile" it only needs the one word. I suspect that the Trekkers in UO are the ones that got the whole "resistance is futile" phrase needed idea so firmly stuck in people's mind that few bothered to check.
  11. Wallenstein

Wallenstein Guest

:) Thanks, I updated the article. And in reply to your comment posted on the article page, I myself fell victim to the monsters when I was typing "resistance is...." -- I think I got "ressitance" and tried to backspace but was slammed by a demon.
  12. I have a few tips.
    Make a macro and make in this order
    Set Hot key to space bar
    Say "Masteropenthydoor painless operation safety in numbers Futile concerto Help"
    Use honor in the lower room BEFORE going up into the room where the lichs are.
    It should take you about 20 sec to get to the person at the end.
    As you run to a door press the spacebar..
  • About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!