1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Hoping to play on Siege in an active guild.

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Val Van Wolf, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Val Van Wolf

Val Van Wolf Seasoned Veteran

My character Garnet has all 7 skills in ROT now, Mystic/Mage Hiding Stealth, and tells me he really wants to be guilded. I can't seem to find any really current information about Siege guilds now (with the exception of Gilfane and they already rejected me for good reasons although, to me, leaving and coming back is rather common in UO and I really enjoyed playing with them.) Reading about Silent Singer's recent IDOC tragedy sounded familiar also. I had no idea there were still IDOCS going on.
    Last time I left Siege I traded everything I had for Atlantic stuff, and closed 5 of seven accounts. Now I'm back in Siege with 2 old account and new characters, new names. Sorry Hoffs, I'm not trying to fool anyone with new names. In one of my earlier incarnations, I was attempting to fool a real meanie whose initials at that time were JF. If I can get guilded again I plan to re-open a third old account to make a crafter (using a mystical character token.) So please help me peeps. I appreciate the intelligence and maturity of most Siege players.
    I have never PvPed, by the way, though I once was prepared to throw a bola... didn't need to as I remember. I'm an ancient female in real life, or so I claim. Thanks for your consideration.

2. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

Hiya, just for clarification, the IDOC thread was from last winter. It got necroed because a player searched their name and they were mentioned in it.

Have you checked with TDO? Freja was recently recruiting, they are active, and do both crafting and VvV. She may have picked up enough members so but sure if they are still looking but I would start there as it is a good group. There's a new guild, PKED, who only has 3 members I think. However, they were temporarily allied with Diablo. If you expect to make a crafter to do business with others might want to think twice on that one, since Diablo has on more than one occasion worked with a guild member to ambush unsuspecting purchasers. Also, there are plenty of lone wolf types who still do things together. Bo fairly regularly does a community invite to a champ spawn, and Neidan was recently asking folks to join him on a hunt as well. Hope that helps.

3. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Val Van Wolf is a good person.
    I´ll vouch for her.

*waves*

Val Van Wolf likes this.
  4. Val Van Wolf

Thank you both. Freja suggested TDO a few days ago, but for some idiotic reason when I looked at the guild site, I only saw three names. Today I looked again and there were actually 13 names... Sounds alot better to me.... I'm still working on Garnet's skills. I'm not sure why Siege keeps calling me back, kinda like the guy in the Sopranos....
    Tjalles is one of the nicest people in the Game, helpful to anybody. And Silent Singer is new to me and seems very involved and has an exceedlingly handsome picture...truly I am, well, no I'm not, but I would be if I weren't so, oh never mind. By the way, how many active players are in Gilfane now...just curious. Even Atlantic seems to have less people in dungeons and such than a couple years ago... Maybe the September stuff will help.

5. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

That's a pic of Jack Burton, hero-extraordinaire. I would point you to "Big Trouble in Little China", one of the finest pieces of cinema to grace the silver screen. I'm much too handsome to post a selfie here, all the GIL ladies wouldn't be able to fill me with arrows anymore if I did because they'd be busy swooning.....

6. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

lol

7. Chump Thumper

I hope your not disappointed with your definition of active..

8. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

TDO* is not the most active guild, we are rarely enough on to do stuff together. I am looking for more members but it is important, they fit the charter of The Dark Outlaws.

9. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I really think your biggest problem is all the different names you had had here. I have known you on a few of them. I told you before, changing names are a bad idea, it's impossible to start over with a new name on Siege, people will find out.
    I have never had any problems with you, think I had you living in my Castle once, but not sure, as I don't know what did happen to that char.
    My advice to you are to face the problems and stop chance names or at least stand by your former names.

10. FrejaSP

Just be you, play the game and stop care so much about, what people think about you.
    I can tell you, I have had my fights with some of the Siege community too but I don't let them tell me how to play.
    Not wanting you in GIL is not the same as GIL not wanting you on Siege. I think it's more about trust. I too want to know, if my members do have chars not in guild and special if they have chars in other guilds. I don't know what did happen between you and GIL, I can only guess it have to do with trust.

When I do not invite you in TDO*, it's because I don't know where I have you or who you are. The char living in my Castle also joined Arr, when Rumpy was there and was hanging out with him but the name was not Rouxx, but I was told, she was you too. Maybe Rumpy just thought so and ske was kicked from Arr and that was why she left Siege. I forgot her name but I did like her. Maybe she was a victim to the drama around you.

11. FrejaSP

I don't see why you should not play Siege now. There are some chaos in your past, but that could happen to everyone. I'm sure you will find a guild. I do think B^A do have more active members than TDO* do, we are rarely more than a few active at same time. You did ask for an active guild :)

12. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You've made characters, play them as you want others to see them and build each of them their own history and reputation as time goes by, by that history and reputation they will become known.

13. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I will forgive you. Just play. Everyone thinks I am nuts too... Including yer crazy daughter.

14. Val Van Wolf

Aw Kelmo, you were always nice to me. Always. I remember the first night I played here (the same day Vladimir started here and made a vendor house in Zento and a new player training house somewhere. I went to the Inn in Zento for the night and you followed me and gave me 1 million gold. Everyone who did not want to kill me was so nice, several took me to Shalimar's house and we sat around a table while I read a book. I felt more welcome than I ever thought possible. It was shortly after somebody on Siege had written a great post somewhere on Stratics about how great Siege was and I decided to try it. So my experience was an adult version of going from a beautiful childhood to a rather bitter adulthood. In fact, Hoffs was one of the people who met me in Britain and was at that table in Shalimar's house. (Shalimar was the Freja of those days!) So time to put this "thread' behind us.

15. Zalfein

Zalfein Journeyman
    The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Weren't you my neighbor when I moved to Siege?

Zalfein

16. HoldenCaulfield

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crimson Savages CLAN

Tell Delilah "Hi" for me. I miss her, and I think Grimlex does too.

17. FrejaSP

A good original is better than a poor copy. It may be easier to just follow the herd and just try to blend in, noone call you crazy and noone will blame you for not follow the rules of the herd.

But we are some some, who don't fit in the herd and we will never be a good copy. You have to be stronger to survive as a good original and you will get hurt sometimes but you have your own name and reputation.

I could never be fit in and blend with the herd, but I believe I do well as a good original.

Val Van Wolf or what you want to call you, you need to choose, if you want to fit the herd or stand on your own and be who you are.

I edited it as it did not make much sense, I did not reread it before posting

#17 FrejaSP, Aug 14, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  18. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

19. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Bo thinks the drama is strong in this one.

20. RueTor

RueTor Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

21. Val Van Wolf

Lol, I started this thread and I just deleted most of my posts which, like Bo said, contain too much real life Drama, plus I'm trying to cut down on obsessing about past events. I did re-open a third account so I can have a crafter/imbuer on Siege. Thanks for all your responses, and RueTor, I loved the video about the cat scaring the dog -- with his/her feline laser ability. In reality, cats love chasing a little laser light all over the house, the big dummies...

HoldenCaulfield and kelmo like this.