1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Horrific Beast form doesnt take the damage over cap?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by AzSel, Dec 21, 2011.

1. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I tried using horrific beast form while being at the 300% dmg cap, and it didnt budge the dmg I did. It did change the base dmg on the status gump a bit higher, but the dmg didnt change when hitting... Seems the form is a bit useless, moreso then first anticipated even.

2. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I do think the beast form is tied to the 300% damage cap. The real benefit is the boost in hp regen.

3. Wizal the Fox

Stratics Veteran

No, Horrific Beast adds to DI (if not already at 100%, which doesn't seem to be the case for the OP since he said he sees a difference in the gump damage displayed), which has nothing to do with the 300% multiplier cap.

So yes, in your case it should raise the overall damage, but if you are very close to the 100% DI cap without it, you may not notice a big difference.

4. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

You can still cast bushido/ninjitsu spells in horrific beast form too.. just a side note :D.

5. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

In this case,would the base damage get a boost but the overall damage is still the same?

6. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Well I know Im at the 100% item cap for DI, and Im using an Air Elemental slayer against Unbound energy vortexes, so thats the cap there in damage.

When going from vamp form to beast form the base dmg on the status gump goes from something like 97-105 to 100-108 but the actual dmg per hit doesnt change at all, wich IMO it should, but there you have it. Chivalry recently got freshened up and I hope necromancy will too.

7. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

97-105 to 100-108 is where the problem is. You might see a one point increase on the bottom side and the same on the top range but it would be hard to notice except keeping a running tally over a thousand hits or more.

If you are going to run this form often to try and take advantage of the DI bonus I'd find one of those damage erasing stone's from shame and delete DI on your weapon and add something like HLA if you are already using the glasses..

8. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It could also get eaten up by the loss from AI. Remember AI doesn't hit at the cap it hits close to it.