1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

House building in Enhanced Client

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by zoop, Nov 30, 2009.

1. zoop

zoop Guest

Quite often I have to log into the 2D client to fix my house design so that I can submit it again.

- I get a lot of lag building it. I don't have lag anywhere else in the game.
    - Sometimes the cursor gets "stuck" in erase mode and without holding the button down everything I go over with my mouse gets deleted, even if I'm only on my way to the building menu to exit!
    - Roofing is virtually impossible in the EC, I get a lot of rogue tiles leftover that I can only fix and/or remove in 2D.
    - Stairways etc are not affected by circle of transparency? :(

Should I just throw this in the Bug Reporter and not spam this board?

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I just discovered this myself... I am quite disapointed that I can not build with EC.

3. Hardy

Hardy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Ive just finished building a house using EC. I managed to build a lovely house with a nice roof without any issues apart from the laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag! :thumbdown:

happens going from floor to floor, sometimes with swapping tile sets...most annoying!

4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Figured it out. In EC you can not have the customizing menu on the play screen. Resize if you must. I think it related to some of the other cursor issues.

There were still a couple of issues that required me to log into UO on another comp and fix with Classic.

5. zoop

zoop Guest

It's painful building house in classic client because it looks much prettier there. I just have to press my nose against my monitor to still see anything (1900x1200 res)