1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

House contruction needs to be EXACTLY the same between the two clients

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Llewen, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Right now in the two clients the roof levels are offset by one. This means that house designs that work in one client, don't work in the other. This really needs to be fixed. I just wasted a couple of hours trying to fix a house in the enhanced client that had been constructed in the 2D client, and I couldn't do it.

What makes this issue worse is that you can get into a situation where there are no red tiles anywhere, but the house design won't work, and in a complex design it can be almost impossible to find where the problems are without starting over from scratch. It is extremely frustrating.

2. Did you submit a bug report?

3. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

No, I did not. I guess I should have. But it seemed so obvious, I didn't think of it. Level one roofs in the enhanced client are level two in the classic client. I didn't imagine that they would have missed something that obvious, and assumed it was done for technical reasons. But whatever the reasons, it needs to be fixed.

4. Zym Dragon

Zym Dragon Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

House customizing was never put under the microscope of focused testing, unfortunately. There were plenty of house related bug submitted, but I guess none of them are considered game breakers.

Not to sound like a broken record, but it would sure be nice to receive an update on what the Devs plan to do with the new client. At the very least, it would be nice to simply be told that they aren't going to work on it any more, if that is the case.

5. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Bug report every problem you run into.
    Even if it seems obvious, even if you know somebody else has reported it... if you run into a problem, report it.

EA might have overlooked a report... or the bug might have gotten lost in a sea of higher priority bugs... or they might not have enough information to be able to reproduce it... or they might think it's a feature very few people use so it has a lower priority than other things.