1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

House Customization Issues

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Assia Penryn, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I go to customize my house and I get the prompt that this may take a few seconds... then it boots me out of customization with no info, text or anything. Something is blocking customization and I can't figure out what it is... probably something very obvious. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Assia Penryn

Stratics Veteran Alumni

Now I'm paging.

What I've tried. Removed Stump, Carts, Sheep, Ankh of Sacrifice, Harpsicord. I'm on house owner.

3. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

you check teleporters and make sure there not touching walls
    you make sure there is no orange showing up in in your house design

Assia Penryn likes this.
  4. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Try log in the character that placed the house. Not any other char on that account. There was a bug with this, dont know if that is fixed.

Assia Penryn likes this.
  5. Assia Penryn

Stratics Veteran Alumni

It's not letting me get into customizing mode. It tells me this may take a few seconds and it yanks items off the house and then kicks me out of the house. I don't have any house customized teleporters, but I've moved the uo store ones away from the wall. Tried again, still kicked.

I bought the house and the character I'm on is the one on the sign.

The only thing we've come up with is that I have x-sharded this character off Atlantic and back to it. I've had other people's houses treat me as no longer friended when I do this. Could this be the problem I'm having with my own house? Even though this character is the one who owns this house... actual character it was transferred to... it doesn't recognize it because of the x-shard?

(Also HUGE thanks to Flutter for coming by and trying to help me find things that may be causing a problem)

Lady Michelle and Flutter like this.
  6. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I was hoping to be a hero :(

7. Assia Penryn

Stratics Veteran Alumni

You are always my hero because you tried. Sometimes heros don't win ... they can still be appreciated!

Flutter and Lady Michelle like this.
  8. Lady Michelle

you try a different character on the account when you hit commit its been so long since Ive done customizing. havent even been on TC
    might be a client issue might want to try other client

9. Assia Penryn

Stratics Veteran Alumni

Thank you for the ideas. This is on my home shard. Tried restarting client and another character. No on both.

10. Lady Michelle

I would just wait til serve goes down and back up that might fixed the problem. only other thing I could come up with is use a different character and use the i wish to resize my house. but that would be the last thing I would do

11. Assia Penryn

Stratics Veteran Alumni

Thank you for the suggestions

12. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I think you need a GM to replace ownership to the house owner. That call can only be made from the char that says it owns it on sign. Be careful how to phrase the text.

I would say something like; 'I need houseownership renewed to my character, as it doesnt regocnize me as house owner and prevent me from going to house costumization.'

And, yes - that might be the problem that you xfered to another shard. But I thought they fixed the customization thing.

Flutter and Assia Penryn like this.
  13. Assia Penryn

Stratics Veteran Alumni

Thanks so much Mandrake. I will page again tomorrow. I tried and waited tonight with no response. Will try tomorrow when I get on with your suggested phrase.

14. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Assia do you have any of the Fountains that do bandages? Those will block you from going into customization mode..... as will the old school 2 tile deeded chests you use from Mondains Legacy...

Make sure you don't have any of those..... NO Boiling Cauldrons etc...

Assia Penryn likes this.
  15. Assia Penryn

Stratics Veteran Alumni

No, I don't see any of those.

I paged again using the phrase suggested and waited over an hour for a GM. No response or reminder that I am actually in the queue after the initial msg.
    Does anyone know if there are only certain hours GMs are available? What can drop someone from Queue? I have waited twice now and gotten no response. I'm honestly a patient person, but this is borderline getting ridiculous. :(

16. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Other random things to try if you have not done them yet, beginning with stuff that has a higher chance to work (and less risk/impact)

1) Changing house foundation
    2) Using EC (or CC if you are already using EC)
    3) Check and remove everything in moving crate
    4) Change house sign
    5) Toggle to public and back to private
    6) Drop co-ownership from your character's context menu

17. Andrasta

Andrasta Goodman's Rune Library
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Blue Crane Society

Same thing happened to me several times last night and took a very long time for the items to disappear and appear again. After about 5 tries it finally went into customization mode with the house owner.

Check all your containers and security. I was left with a luck statue stuck under the house sign and there it shall stay because I don't have 5 hours to wait for a GM. There's something very wrong with house customization. Seriously, fix this. House ownership and customization are a huge part of why we are all still here.

whiterabbit likes this.
  18. Assia Penryn

Stratics Veteran Alumni

Thank you everyone! I will try your suggestions and I appreciate the warning. Still in help queue and waiting for a GM when I can be online. If something works, I'll post. I've tried a few dozen times to go into customize last couple days, but no luck yet.

19. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Do you have an account without a house on it? I had to xfer my house to my 2nd account, then xfer it immediately back to my main account before I could customize my house last week. I had to do that since I no longer had the char who'd originally taken ownership of the house. After that, I could go right into customization mode. I'm wondering if your char has the same name as the one on the sign, but maybe it's not the actual same char? Just a random thought I had. I also had paged a GM to no avail. 2 days later I got a canned reply via email saying they were looking into it...