1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

House Drop Party

Discussion in 'UHall' started by GarthGrey, Aug 16, 2010.

1. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

I"m going to drop my Trammel Keep tonight, loaded with everything I own. I wasn't one of the UO Rich, by any means, but I've got a lot of resources, a handful of ethys, a lot of resources, other vet rewards, a lot of resources...did I mention a lot of resources? Anyway, this will take place on the LA shard, MODs please don't move this post. LAs boards are dead not to mention I don't want just scripters at this Keep when I drop it. It's open to all shards if someone wants to come and see what they can grab.

Nothing is deeded, so 700k iron ingots will be hitting the ground, along with over 1 million boards of all types...please see a past post of mine on the LA boards, as most of the resources listed are still here.

Does anyone know if any vet rewards will be lost if I don't redeed them ? IE: banners, skeletons etc...I would rather they be lootable than lost.

Im looking to do this around 8pm central time. And what I will do is, if there's a big enough crowd at Luna Bank, I'll pop a gate to my keep, and as quick as I can access the house sign, everything will drop. If there's only a handful of the usual suspects just hanging around, I'll come up with another method. So if you're bored on your home shard, make a newb and come to Luna Bank LA. I must warn you though, you'll have quite the item count to contend with.

I'm thinking of releasing all of the secure containers and then busting them prior to dropping it, that way pack horses can't be the over all winners...would that make it more fun, or a pain?

Resources include...

700,000 iron ingots
    28,000 valorite
    11,000 verite
    28000 agapite
    45000 shadow
    25000 dull
    21000 bronze
    27000 gold
    21000 copper
    750000 reg boards
    21000 frost
    270000 bloodwood
    57000 heartwood
    24000 yew
    25000 oak
    13000 ash
    21000 barbed
    15000 spined
    32000 horned
    3800 translocation powder

And then a whole bunch of crap all over the place..

2. Babble

Babble Guest

:)
    Have fun

3. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

I"m open to suggestions folks, I"m even willing to do it a different day (my accounts are paid up for another week or so) if Mondays are bad for you guys. To answer any questions of why, I'll just say this. The only way for me to completely quit this game is to get rid of everything. I don't need to load my bank up with anything that's going to make me want to come back, so it's all gotta go. I'll be deleting my characters after this is done...

So give me some ideas, otherwise I'll just do it the way I'm going to do it...

4. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

If you're doing this as an event, you should bust the containers so it makes it easier for everyone to grab a piece of the pie. Nothing worse than someone tossing a container on a packy so they can sort it at their leisure just as you try to take a look inside it.

5. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

My thoughts exactly. I"ll be walking around to all of my containers, placing them on the floor and busting them where they lay. Then I'll be releasing the secures and busting those....I'll redeed the vet rewards and drop them randomly in secures, and i'll do the same with the resources I guess....

6. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i would suggest standing under the sign and saying "i wish to resize my house" or whatever the phrase is so that all the loot drops but no one can place on the spot for an hour, this way if someone drops a keep down all the loot won't be stuck under the new keep's sign

7. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

I thought the plot was blocked for a period of time regardless, once it's dropped? If not, I can do it that way too...

8. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Great Idea but i owuld keep a few aromor sets or somthing in char banks just in casE

Rem to deffinatly axe and break chests, I have found chests with millions of stones in them and once on cursor you can just wait everyone out and lug them off.

I would keep a set of armor or twon in char banks and well as a few million.

Everyone wanders back after some time if even just to come visit some old freinds and hang out a few.

:thumbup1:

9. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Garth the reward stuff will not drop it wil ether stay in spot and be lost as it cant be deeded then or will poof with the house.

10. Arcus

Arcus Grand Poobah

"700,000 iron ingots"

Anyone else find this interesting? Not like Im sayin anything unless you get what Im saying then I might be saying something but I just dunno. Odd timing perhaps. Ill slither back under my rock now.

11. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot

no mate

when you demolish someone can place immediately, resize it gives you an hour to have some fun, after that time someone can place a new house or keep, i guarantee everything will be collected within that timer

there was a post here recently aobut someone doing jsut the samw thing, but someone dropped a plot in a grabbed so much

the container is a good idea aswell

good for you, if i am not too late i wish you well with it;)

12. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

No, not really. My wife and I have been playing for 12 years and have much more than that.

Your point is?

13. Arcus

Arcus Grand Poobah

Cant answer, Im under a rock.

14. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot

*stamps on said rock*

naughty person! I know what you are implying!

15. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

If I was a scripter, I would admit to it right now, as once my characters are deleted, I more than likely won't be posting here either...half of these ingots were found during my IDOC days, the other I mined over time..all of the colored ingots were found at IDOCs.

16. Not really. I've got about 1 million myself. It's not hard to come up with that many plain iron ingots, especially when they can be purchased from NPC's.

17. Magdalene

Magdalene Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Safe travels, Garth...

18. five oclock

five oclock Guest

aye safe travels..

19. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Good luck to you, Garth, and as others have said, safe travels to you and to the rest of your family. Give that little guy of yours a hug for me, would you?

Have fun dropping the keep! Drop me a line in ICQ once in a blue moon. I do still check it every couple of days.

D.

20. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

Thank you to those that have been kind....I can't believe I just paid 12.99 to reactivate an account so I could unlock the dang house teleporter tile...I"ll put these 2 in a small bag by themselves....I think I've got everything ready. I redeeded all of the vet rewards and other redeedables and then scattered them about the house and mixed in some deeds for Employment to add to the confusion...I wasn't rich as I've said, but I had a few decent things...there's Wizards Crystal and Necromantic glasses out in the open locked down...I wasn't a Doom Gauntlet person, never did a single Champ Spawn that I can recall...never did a Peerless that I can recall.....but there's some cool stuff...there's (6) deeds for potted plants, some guild deeds....bucket of water somewhere...one of the old blood tiles....felucca/trammel stones....loads of invis items....ranger armor....etc....all of my dye tubs are locked down...5 or 6 ethys....Shroud of Shadows....black cloak and robe reward...conjurers garb....blessed HoM..Vesper Museum rewards...I have 3 unchosen rewards still that I'll claim and then drop at the bank maybe...ummmm...wifes calling me for dinner....

21. Demonous

i just realized this was posted on uhall as opposed to a shards forums lol, expect like 300 people and super lag :p

22. Willard

Willard Seasoned Veteran

I play on LA, but just moved there from Baja...I unfortunatly do not know you, but wish you the best of luck. If you ever decide to come back to UO--like many have..I would be happy to help you get set back up.

Either way...safe travels:)

23. Scarst

Scarst Lore Master
    Governor Stratics Veteran

Might I ask why you're leaving UO any particular reason?

24. Alekslandr

Alekslandr Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Can you give me a hint as to where the keep is? I have a char at Luna bank...on LA... He even has his own personal bless deed. Maybe if I find some stuff at your keep I will play on LA again

25. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

I'm dropping it in 45 minutes and there's a whopping 6 people at Luna bank, most of which are probably just burning counts...

26. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

I'm not sure if anyone has asked, but why are you dropping house?

27. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

What are you in need of?

28. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

It's a long story, and I'm going to spare everyone the misery of having to hear it LOL.....

29. Alekslandr

Alekslandr Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

All I have is the personal bless deed and a blue beetle.... I just want to check out stuff and have a bit o'fun... I'm at the bank, had to buy a pair of pants after selling a couple runes...

30. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

Does an honest player, or a guild or Player run town require a teleporter set? I wouldn't mind letting it go for a good cause...

31. Scarst

Scarst Lore Master

I'll be there if only to watch since I don't play LA but it could be fun.

32. let the party start

33. olduofan

olduofan Guest

yes over here rolleyes:

34. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

Added 4000 bods in books, and they'll be a slight "twist" on things...you won't want to miss it...

35. Demonous

i expect multiple harbingers to wipe out the noob characters lol

36. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

It won't be from me, but if someone wants to add that little element..I will however, be releasing all of my tames in and around the keep....I"m not luring anyone to get them killed, I'm just saying, this is outside the guard zone, it's my house, and i'm releasing my pets back into the wild...

37. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Which character is you, so we'll know not to fall for someone's gate to nowhere?

I'm standing here in the bank on my Tailor, Andy.

38. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector

Lots of dead packies i think...

39. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

40. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

I would definitely be interested in that.

41. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

Veronica has sort of messed things up a bit by walking into my house with lots of stuff unlocked..sorry but I had to boot ya, and of course now my pets are killing each other....

42. Scarst

Scarst Lore Master

Well that was fun but now I have stuff on LA that I'll never use. Stuff that probably adds up to a few mil in gold I'll probably drop it there later.

43. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Pictures Please

44. olduofan

olduofan Guest

ya i i got arcane shield and charger of the fallen black tub and a lot of ps scrolls i need to trade i play on pac if anyone is interested

45. Alekslandr

Alekslandr Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Worst party ever. Something killed me and my beloved beetle....Tsk tsk.

46. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

I play LA exclusively so I will be happy to take the LA stuff off your hands. I do have chars on other shards for holiday trading etc. Thanks Garth. Wish you were staying but at least you went out with a bang.

47. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

- True to form: always someone to try to 'circumvent' the rules of a good game.

Best wishes GarthGrey; it looks like you did it your way, and that is a good way ;)

See ya' around, sir.

48. Prime.

Prime. Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I lured off the bright blue hiyru's' to tame, all of them said "This Creature Had to many owners and is to angry to be tamed again" or something =( I felt bad having to kill them all

49. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Good luck to you Garth in whatever ya do...and sounds like it was an interesting evening. :)