1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

House fell in 3 days.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Briken, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Briken

Briken Visitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I didn't play UO for 10+ years. When i last played, the houseing rule just changed to 1 house per account, not shard yet. So when i returned i placed a house on Atlantic. Then a year and a half later i was playing on a differant shard and placed a house forgetting what the rule ( 1 house per account) i read over a year ago. Now my house that i have been living out of for over a year on atlantic is now IDOC. The only way to save my house now was to transfer to somebody and then back after 7 days. Before I could get things in order, my house fell in 3 days. Placed on Friday gone by Monday. What would cause a house to fall in 3 days instead of the normal 7? Or has this rule been changed as well?

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I had a good friend have a similar issue a few weeks back. Hes was gone in 3 or 4 days I can't remember. If you need to move a house to another account I would now tell people to do it the same day. Even if it means creating a new account and doing it that way, its the only way to be sure. It "should" be about 5 to 7 days but I have no idea these days.

3. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Yeah, a friend of mine had the same thing happen to him a few weeks ago. Placed another house on an account that already had one and thought he had five days to get his stuff out of the first house. Real life got a little busy--he and his wife have two small children and he runs a restaurant--and when he had a chance to log in again the first house was gone, even though it had only been three days since he placed the second house.

4. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie

Currently it is supposed to take 5 days but, like so many supposed to's in UO, it does not surprise me if some fall in less. Since the long established Idoc times were interfered with these anomalies with houses falling have constantly occurred..

THP and DJAd like this.
  5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

It doesn't I've seen them go in under 3 days. It's insane!

6. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It's what happens when you screw around with something that isn't broken...

THP, Philly, Scott and 2 others like this.
  7. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed

and the UO politicians even hesitate to acknowledge that there is a problem.

8. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

If your moving do it.. And the same day... I have never trusted my valuable stuff to a falling house.

Kayhynn and DJAd like this.
  9. Philly

Philly Journeyman
    The Valorian Knights

Sorry to hear you lost your stuff =[

10. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Yes do it as soon as you trade the house. I moved this week (I forgot how much moving sucks!) but I just use a house teleport set borrowed from a guild mate and some pack horses. All moved in under an hour. Better to be safe than sorry with this game unfortunately.

azmodanb likes this.
  11. BrianFreud

BrianFreud Lead Wiki Mod & Doer of Crazy Things
    Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator Campaign Supporter

Side note, I intentionally condemned a house earlier this week to place a new one on a different shard. In that gump, I noticed that the text still says "2 days", not 5.

12. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

What??! When did they slip in this change? We only have 2 days to move houses?

13. THP

THP Stratics Legend

im pretty sure its 3 days now yes