1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

House Hiding

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Alezi, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Alezi

Alezi Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Why is this still allowed and possible? We really need a fix on this. I'm talking about house hiding, of course. If you flag someone they can and should be able to run inside their house without any consequences.

But if that person you've flagged starts throwing potions, summons, shooting from inside the house, runs outside to get a couple of hits and then back to house there should be some repercussions.

Basically what I'm saying is that if you're inside your house and you perform a hostile action against a player outside the house you should be booted from your house and you shoudln't be able to enter your house until you've been X amount of time out of combat.

So, what do you think?

2. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Pass. If you attack someone and they go hide in their house, then if they're going to continue fighting, you should move away to draw them OUT of said house, or head on your merry way and not deal with the person further.

If it could be implemented ONLY in Fel, I wouldn;t worry as much, but it's already quite the pain in the ass to deal with simply recalling home on any other facet, bumping into a sewer rat, snake, mongbat, etc that aggroes you, self defend as you go by for a hit then have to wait out a timer just to log out/swap characters. If it went further and prevented people from entering their own house, there would be a MASSIVE backlash.

As of now, pick your battles. Don't let other people pick them for you as they will not insure that you gain an advantage or even "level ground".

3. Alezi

Alezi Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Did you even read my post? No where in my post did I mention performing hostile actions against mobs should boot you out of their house. How would this affect Trammel ruleset facets in any way? If you're in a guild war or fighting chaos/order fights you shouldn't be house hiding in the first place.

4. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

The point is, the same system that prevents logoffs due to self-defending when passing by a mob is the SAME SYSTEM that was designed to prevent the quick log off of a character that did exactly what you describe in your OP. The timer due to self-defending was not MEANT to trigger in the way that it does... it was supposed to be an aggresor timer re:pvP. Unfortunately, what it was SUPPOSED to do and what it DOES are two very different things and would in all likelyhood do the same in your case.

Secondarily, the final portion of my post takes care of the rest of it. By sticking around trying to go after the house-hider, you are ceding the tactical advantage to him... not an intelligent way to fight, either move on to one that is more in your favor, or pull the hider out of hiding further away from their house.

5. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

But but but... it feels so good to corpsify someone while they are in the "safety" of a house!

6. In Flames

In Flames Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I agree with the original poster. But I think it could possibly be the proverbial straw that broke the camels back.

Finding good PvP has been more then sufficiently difficult for awhile now. If this were implemented, while the quality of PvP would surely rise, the quantity may be severely diminished.

Not sure if that's worth it at this point.