1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

House Placement: Character Age vs. Account Age

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Pickaxe Pete, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I made a new character on my (11 year old) account, and went to transfer a house to him. Turns out with the new rules, I can't until the character is 15 days old.

Why would this new code check character age rather than account age? It seems silly to me that I can't own a home on the character of my choosing on an account that has been paid monthly for 11 years.

I can see this limitation for trial accounts.

Programming mistake?

GM's any help for this? On Saturday?

2. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

They mentioned this before, that this is their design, because other solutions would be too complicated.
    But it seems to be not too complicated to determine the account age for fresh characters to give them the +5 Stat bonus, if they are a half year old.
    Its yet another frustrating band aid fix to issues, which should not even targeted to the affected accounts.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

3. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

I totally forgot about this stupid "fix" the other day and created a new character to place in a spot I had been waiting on for some time. Of course, when I went to place the house I received the message about character age. This account is 90 months old. Absolutely ridiculous. :thumbdown:

4. Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Well, I paged a GM.... 7th in queue, been a while.

5. Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The response from the GM was simply to email uobugs. I don't feel like it, which I'm sure is typical.

6. BartofCats

BartofCats Guest

so because you dont feel like it... the rest of us get to suffer too. Send in the bug report. This isnt an attack on you, but all of us... if we dont send in the bug reports, the game will never get fixxed.

7. Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

OK..... you got me. I sent the following to uobugs with a cc to Jeremy:

Subject: Housing Server Bug

Hi folks,

My account is 11 years old, and I have payed every month for all that time. I want to own a house on a character which I just made on this veteran account. I wanted a certain well-regarded name on the sign. When I attempted to receive the home, I am told I must be 15 days old. This rule should apply to trial accounts, but not to new characters on a very old account that has been payed up for years. Perhaps change this restriction to check account age rather than character age, so that future people in my situation won't have to go through the major hassle I will have to go through to get the house onto the right character finally (which will involve transferring it to a friend in 15 days and hoping he will do the right thing and give it back to the character I'd prefer.).

Thanks.