1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

House Placement - what has happened?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Adrianas, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Adrianas

Adrianas Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Gilfane

There were issues last night on Siege with house placement. Tools were not working, a house was placed that one person could see, but the other person could not see (and in which nothing could be locked down by the person who could see it). Bug reports were sent, posts were made on UHall.

As of today we have heard nothing yet from the Devs (but it *is* the weekend), and things on the shard (as far as I can tell with my own character) seem to be okay - no signs of a re...

Did the invisible house solidify? Did it disappear to everyone?

And in the meantime - please, all be very careful. I would recommend not placing, resizing, or customizing a house until we know that this is resolved!!

#1 Adrianas, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

people that live in invisible houses should not throw imaginary rocks...

3. Adrianas

Adrianas Sage

I do see that now the house placement tools are working on Siege. Last night they quit working for everyone. So perhaps everything fixed itself at server up. I would still like to know what happened with that kooky house placement last night that started all of this.

4. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

I wondered about this when someone asked, over the HELP channel, how much a 7x7 house cost. I tried my house placement tool and it did not work. I told the person, to try it. That failed as well. It was very strange indeed.

5. Zalfein

Zalfein Journeyman
    The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Hello,
    the server/db that handles house registration was down. It's working now. I've done house placements without problems since.
    My understanding is that, when you place a house, it places it without a owner, then register it. Yesterday, for those with a working house placement tool, the newly placed houses were timing out at the registration step and disappearing.

I would guess that the person who had an invisible house was just having the ghost house bug in CC, triggered when the house timed out.

For those wondering, I was able to place my house back (lost it when doing a resize) before maintenance.

Zalfein

6. Adrianas

Adrianas Sage

*applauds* I am glad that it resolved. It surely did not sound good when it was happening!

7. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

So my question is did they fix the resize exploit?