1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

House Placement

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Katrena, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Katrena

Katrena Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi,

I read in another post that you can resize your house by saying "I wish to resize my house". Does this work for the original classic style homes, or only the new ones that you build? Also, does this allow you to go to a larger home if the space is available?

Thanks, Katrena

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I am not positive, but I believe that it will work on classic homes as well. I know it will let you go to a larger sized home if the space is available.

3. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

Be Careful

People have posted lately that containers and or items go poof if not on the 1st floor.
    This has been an issue with re-sizing and Idoc's.
    Idocer's have posted this as a bug and very detrimental to to the Idocer's goals.
    Good Luck with your new placement/Resize

4. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Make sure the house you want ot do is a single house account. Contrary to the way it sounds it will not let you resize and keep other homes you have on the same account. This is the same as dropping a house and placing one. Also we have has a few stinkers with perma items in boxes chopping to block placement.

5. You can only resize one that can be resized, meaning the "classic" houses are NOT resizeable cause you didnt "size" one to begin with.
    It will allow you to go to a bigger size one if theres room for it, and you can get it to place, it does NOT do it automatically, not that you asked that, but a lot have asked in the past. It "holds" the same size, same space plot for you for one hour tho, so you have time to work it!

It WILL drop ALL your belongings that were in/on the house/plot under the sign, FREE for the taking, so be darn careful when doing this!

As for the bug, that I dunno, havent, and wont, for obvious reasons, tried it to see if it deletes all your first floor goodies, but to be safe, packie and bank all your items before resizing.
    Good luck with this!

6. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

As for the idoc aspect of this issue, I can confirm that. I just saw a public vendor house collapse. Many chests, items and deeded items disappeared with the house.

7. Katrena

Katrena Sage

I have a classic house, so it appears that the only way to upgrade it, is to demolish it totally, and I "will not" have the one hour "hold" on the plot. Is this correct?

Thanks, Katrena

8. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

you could convert it to a customizable plot first.
    I had a large tower, I converted it to a customized plot, that doesn't count as a 'demolish' I believe.

9. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Petra is correct