1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

House Placement

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Capt. Lucky, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

I know they messed around with the timers. Was wondering how long I would have to empty an old house if I placed a new one? Thx....

2. Lord Taliesin

Lord Taliesin Seasoned Veteran

I believe it's suppost to be five days now. That said I'm pretty sure people have lost houses so personally I wouldn't risk it. It's a pain but I'd move stuff into a storage house on another account before placing.

Capt. Lucky likes this.
  3. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I would not wait any longer than necessary. It's really supposed to be 5 days but I've seen it go in 3. I always recommend not doing anything unless you intend to finish the job in 1 day. It honestly doesn't and shouldn't take more than an hour to move a house. You don't need to redeco the new one... just need to empty the old. And ALWAYS drop your old house when it's empty. This way you can look at the ground and make CERTAIN you got EVERYTHING. Also you get the money back from the house. And ALWAYS when you move go in and out of custom mode if you can in the "new" place. This will throw anything "unlocked" under the sign..... this way you KNOW you locked everything down.

It's a good practice most the time though I'd watch out for doing such things in a busy area.

DJAd, Capt. Lucky and Blood Ghoul like this.
  5. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

put house tile teleporters in both and then you can transfer in 20 mins

6. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

IF you have teleporter tiles and IF you don't have 44586348631863486378634 items to move....us castle owners have a really hard time moving :)

Capt. Lucky likes this.
  7. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Thankfully I've never had to move OUT of my Castle.... except once. And while it was a chore and i had to stuff a castle into my remaining 8 houses (which was a nightmare I'm still reliving).... I still did it in about an hour. I guess I'm expert at moving. I can move and be all set back up in less than a day if I really wanted to.

But yes Teleporters are nice. One thing I also do is 99% of my characters own a Giant Beetle. If I needed to make a house "vanish" I'd just pull up the fleet of packs and beetles and my house would vanish in 30 min or less.

8. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Well packies and such are nice...see I'm a packrat....and well....I would need one char just for Christmas Deco alone....and then one char JUST for Halloween Deco alone...pro at moving or not..when you have over 8 boxes full of just Christmas Deco....just Halloween Deco..on top of all your other deco PLUS all your necessities...I have 9 mannequins fully clothed, I actually just had to go through the 3 boxes...FULL boxes of Holiday Gift Tickets...12th, 13th and 14th anny...claim the rewards and trash them for points because I didn't have the room :( That was painful lol I do not like to throw anything away.

Also easier for you and you're other 8 houses :/ I had to move a fully loaded castle into an 8x12 2 story home. Needless to say 5 of my 6 chars are unplayable due to the fact that they are riding fully loaded blue beetles and no room to put the stuff in them lol.

Olahorand and Keith of Sonoma like this.
  9. Keith of Sonoma

Keith of Sonoma Certifiable

I feel your pain! I am in the same boat. I would gladly pay a one time fee for a "storage" house, but I'm not going to open a new account to do it. The good news is that I don't have the time to play those characters anyway!

10. Ellie

Ellie Seasoned Veteran
    Gilfane

If you know ahead of time pack up everything redeed every thing to make it eaiser and faster to move.