1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

house placing cooldown *updated*

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Beastmaster, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

With the "fix" that was put in to help combat scripted house placing, is it now limitied to one placement attempt and then a cooldown, or can you get in 2 or 3 tries before hitting the cooldown timer? When you are on the timer is it a random time or is it like 20 minutes each time?

Planning to resize my home and I don't want to have any of my excess stuff lying on the ground too long while I try to fit a larger home in.

EDIT: Things I confirmed and learned from this, you get multiple tries at using the house placement tool before the timer kicks in, but I only used it twice so I don't know how many. If you use the resize option the moving crate has to be emptied first (won't let you proceed). Also any items left in the home drop directly to the ground at the same x,y coordinates. If the new house covers any items that fell to the ground they are placed under the new house sign. All items that hit the ground will display "unsecure" briefly. After using the resize option there is a 1 hour cooldown on using resize again. In my case I was trying to enlarge to an 18x18 and failed on the first placement attempt so I dropped back to 18x17 and was successful. Then I analyzed why the 18x18 failed and tried to resize again and got the 1 hour wait message.
  2. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 23, 2008
    You can get a few shots in before the cooldown, if they still have it, I haven't tried lately. But I think it lasted about 5 minutes the one time I did hit the cooldown
  3. Nylan

Nylan Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

May 24, 2008
    You can try several times before you hit the cool down timer.
    The faster your attempts, the sooner you will hit it.
    As far as how long it last, that I am not sure about.
  4. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

Thanks for the replies.
  5. Although i have left Uo for several months now..i find myself lurking the boards.

The cool down process i think sucks for those that "own" a home and are trying to resize thier lot size.if you fail attempt to place you'll get a 15 min cool down and you get 1 hr after saying i wish to resize etc etc.

Why can't the devs do away with home owners trying to resize[meaning get no coool down timer] ?
    I don't mind for idocing that just makes it a nice challenge,however home owners shouldn't be affected by the rule.

my lil 2 cents.
  6. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

Interesting. What is your basis for saying this? You are saying if I choose to resize I have to wait an hour to actually resize?
  7. laurlo

laurlo Guest

you can only attempt to resize once an hour?
  8. ^Wolfie^

^Wolfie^ Visitor

May 5, 2006
    By 1 hour means you have 1 hour to yourself around the area you dropped a house to try and resize that nobody else can place there during that time. The cool down is random. Hope this helps. :)
  9. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

Updated first post with things I learned.