1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

House Question (Siege vs Mugen vs Prodo Shards)

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Obsidian, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I was thinking of starting a character on Mugen. If I placed a house there, would it somehow affect my house on Siege? Or are Mugen and Siege housing both independent of each other and all of the other shards for that matter? Thanks all for your insight!

-OBSIDIAN-

2. Barania

Barania Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If you have a Siege house, you won't be able to also have one on Mugen...which I think is a shame. You could place one anywhere else.

Jack Nickelson

3. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Oh ok. Glad I asked the question before making a mistake.

Barry Gibb likes this.
  4. Kenney

Kenney Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Hang on a sec, you mean if you have a house on siege you can also have a house on a regular shard on the same account and neither will fall down?

5. Barania

Barania Slightly Crazed

Yep...they changed the rule awhile back.

Jack Nickelson

Barry Gibb likes this.
  6. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Correct. Last year, Siege was placed on a separate housing server to allow this.

Barry Gibb likes this.
  7. Kenney

Kenney Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks, handy in one way, annoying in another, I noticed loads of houses still on siege compared to the prod shard I used to play a lot on, I assumed that meant siege was doing a lot better than those now, but I suppose a lot of the ones on siege are owned by people who play mostly on prod ones if can have a house on both

DJAd likes this.
  8. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I think if you see an empty plot, it is probably someone who came when the housing opened and placed, but rarely plays here. If the house is build and deco's, then they probably do play (or played and are still paying).

9. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

Very True Tazar very True... Just dont come to my house and try to lift a box... Too heavy and would kill someone with all the deco in it *winks*

10. Barania

Barania Slightly Crazed

The inability to place a house on Mugen, w/o creating a new account, is sort of troubling to me. After reading this thread, I logged on to my Mugen guy and he is essentially unplayable. The bank has 125 things in it and so does the backpack...frags, tickets, anny gifts, and similar stuff. Way old char with maybe 12k to his name.

It sucks to just be able to walk around and not accomplish anything. One can't even kill an alligator or a sea serpent and loot the hides because there is no room anywhere. Just some thoughts.

Jack Nickelson