1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

House security possible new bug

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Becca, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Becca

Becca Journeyman
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

HI.
    My tale starts with the christmas gifts we got this past year.
    I have many accounts and have never recieved a rare gift in ten years.
    This year i got a white stuffy horse. I was so happy.
    I took my prize christmas box to the upstairs and put it in an armoir all by itself. set the security as owner to protect it because the house was our guild house.
    I went to look at it a couple months later and low and behold it was gone. I assumed i had done something stupid . the box was there the candy there, but he stuffy gone.
    NOw comes the tale of another house where things go missing, aha i thought. I went back to check the security on the armoire. Guess what
    it was set to anyone.
    Now i check all the rest of the containers in the house all set to friends as usual. The only chest that was set different was the chest that had the only thing of real value in the house.
    The house was set to public as it was the guild house. Now I wonder
    Is there a new bug where someone can change your setting in a public house on a secure container. Tis a puzzlement.
    I shall be setting all my houses to privat that have anything of value in it till I am more confident it is now a bug.

2. feath

feath Guest

sounds kind of like what happened to alc.
    i wonder, if its working like the transporters and doors do - you go into house mode and they all reset to 'anyone'.

3. Becca

Becca Journeyman
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

It was not a custom house. It was a log cabin placed the day tram opened.

4. Ciar2001

Ciar2001 Guest

in my custom house i placed a soulstone that went missing within the first few hours it was in a back room group floor, so it doesn' surprise me there used to be bugs like this back in the day :/