1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

House signs

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Hoffs, May 22, 2008.

1. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Has anyone come up with a good way of using the rubble house sign hangers? I wanted to use one to denote a fortune teller's house but it doesn't look quite right really.

[​IMG]

2. Kurgan

Kurgan Guest

Lower it down by 1 or 2 spaces.. So that it looks like it is hanging there, and not on it.

3. Hoffs

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Thanks, that does help some. But I guess it is just lacking the sign background

4. Kurgan

Kurgan Guest

MIght want to look for a rubble sign then.. :p

5. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Put a rubble tall pillar in my lawn, then a sign hanger to the south, and finally half of the tapestry piece below the hanger. Might want to try a dyed Tokuno painting behind your crystal ball.

6. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

on the real boards there was a great orc-fort type house, and one thing that I stole from that was the tavern banner.... banner dyed black with dice&cup and a bottle of ale stacked in front of it.... why not try it with the crystal ball? bet it would look great :thumbup1:

okay, tried it, but I don't have one of those hangers, so I don't know if it will cover up the banner hanger..... will look good if it does, yes? might need sumpin else on there, along with the ball.....

[​IMG]

7. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

Try a set of bolas, Hoffs, just beneath the rubble sign hanger, and try to make it look like the crystal ball is suspended from the string. -Skylark

8. Hoffs

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Thanks for all the suggestions, but on balance I will probably keep it as it is. The dyed Tok painting would probably have been great but unfortunately it does not line up with the crystal ball on the end part of the hanger. The bola doesn't seem to work either as when placed at a reasonable height it shows in front of the ball.

The banner is a great idea and for a normal sized house would be fine I think. Unfortunately this is a small part of a multi-house design (largely copied from these boards!) and I think the banner tends to look out of scale. It looks better when placed on the right-hand side, but still too large.

[​IMG]

9. Kurgan

Kurgan Guest

I would raise the cball about 2 spaces. To center it on the banner.

10. Blesh

Blesh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

its not perfect, but its something..

[​IMG]

used a wooden bown, a bola, rubble oflures, and rubble signpost.

:)

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!