1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Houses following me shard to shard

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Zhakarin, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Zhakarin

Zhakarin Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Anyone else have houses from one shard appear on another (overlapping with other houses and blocking movement, etc.) when they play a few different shards? Is there a cache setting I'm missing somewhere?

Attached Files:

2. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I've seen that on Yamato.. Except you couldn't walk through it, it was really a house like that - others saw it that way too.

3. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Log out then back in they will go away.

4. Zhakarin

Zhakarin Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

I actually have to close the client and restart it to fix it most times. It's just annoying and I though maybe I've missed a setting or something. Searched the forums and found nothing...

5. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

This seems to happen a lot. For me it's when I go to Tokuno and then elsewhere, I see the Tokuno houses all over my screen.

6. rareitem

rareitem Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

This is very common, it seems that the client is not cleaning some parts of memory properly
    so the last server you visited houses are still there :). Only solution is closing client and
    restart.

This should be fixed because I can imagine a lot of ways to xploit it.

7. Ni-

Ni- Guest

Basically what happans is that any player houses that are only partially on your screen at the point of log out leaves the non visable parts of the house as semi static. The parts that are visable are deleted, that is why it seems like the houses just dissapear at certain tiles.

Logging out when there are no houses only partially on your screen will avoid that. Completely closing the client will wash that, like restarting a computer clears our the RAM.

I can't think of how something like that can be exploitable. When you get to the partial houses the items aren't loaded/displayed. So I believe there are no items to loot. I've never tried to access a house sign on a partial house, if it's even there.

8. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I once logged out in a house on Oceania (was North of Luna), got on Atlantic and there was one house way South of Luna over the bridge that bled from Oceania to Atlantic, so I doubt it's just houses that are partially on the screen when you log out...

I've even had this happen when jumping onto TC before... Hard to see what size house will fit in my plot if my houses are still sitting there...

And a friend once told me that he was seeing houses when we were wandering around in Ilshenar a while back

It really does need to be fixed though, not much fun having to restart the client because other shard's houses are getting in the way of basic movement

9. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I saw that once during the lag around one of my houses ... I suspect there are bugs where if the client miscommunicates with the housing server, you get the wrong list of houses downloaded from the housing server.

10. i have the same bug , but permanent, in luna Europa, mixed with luna Siege Perilous.
    Fact is that sometimes , @ IDOCS, house parts doesn't fall and i get stuck

11. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

There is a option. If you are in 2d, open up the options on paperdall and select the UO Miscellaneous, scroll to the very bottom there is an option of "Cache this many houses on Client:". Slide it to 0 and log out. When you log back in it should be fixed. I had to page a GM about a year ago because there was a house foundation blocking a passageway in Ish, and that is what they had me do to fix the problem. It is real bad if you transferred a char and went to where your house was on the other shard. I could still see my house transposed over the existing houses.

12. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I have to close it out too. Anyone else go somewhere like ice island and it start raining and then everywhere you go even luna it's still raining. I actually like the rain so it's no big deal just wondering if it's happened to anyone else. :D

13. Be glad it's just housing that's following you around. I get to randomly be in Fel no matter where I am.

Tram-Fel...

Tokuno-Fel...

Ilsh-Fel...

Malas-Fel...

I'm just waiting for someone to try and attack me....
    :sword:

14. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I've been getting that for ages now, I just ignore it for the most part, but I'm getting tired of seeing fel no matter where I go