1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Houses in Ter Mur

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Nastia Cross, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

Devs, after SA is released when will houses be able to be placed in Ter Mur?

2. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

good question, i remember when SE came out and people were waiting to place in tokuno and then all of a sudden they let everyone, and i missed out cause i was looking for the new stealables :/

3. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I believe they are still determining WHERE housing will be allowed.

4. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Please say nowhere, the land is really nice right now, and I don't want to see it ruined by a bunch of player-owned houses. And it's NOT like UO is so full of players that they need to be able to place houses there.

5. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010

too much empty land if u cant place there

6. Zodia

Zodia Guest

I'd love to see it so housing in Ter Mur would have to be "unlocked" by some sort of shard-wide quest.

7. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Housing was open on the closed shard and you could place anywhere, including next to the bank! Then it was changed to the large open grass areas but you can't seem to place now its went open beta.

8. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

And hopefully it remains that way.

Recalling and gating in, fine. Having houses there? No. We already have 4 facets full of space for housing.

9. Voluptuous

Voluptuous Seasoned Veteran

Fix the Zento bug, open more keep and castle spots in either Tram/Fel or Malas (looooota open spots in Malas!) by flattening land bumps or letting some areas go (like that huge one by brit gate) They let reserved keeps and castles go in Trinny swamps, why not elsewheres?

You open spots in the new areas....the other 3 facets will be ghost towns. (some already are). There are simply not enough players to justify new housing areas in Tel Mur (hell, they never even used up Malas ie: Connected islands)

10. Deaol

Deaol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I say don't open any new spots for castle keep placements anywhere... thats just stupid.. if you dont have a castle or keep too bad so sad.. if you want one so bad you can get one by some mean or another, keep everything the way it is and leave tel mur house free.

11. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I wish changes to house rules, allow keeps and castles in Malas, it's only a stupid house land anyway.
    Then make players unable to place a new keep or castle in Britainnia, Tokuno and Ter Mur.

12. Heartseeker

Heartseeker Guest

Agreed.

I would add that if house placement was allowed in Britannia it would have to be classic style and not a Borg Cube.

13. Myna

Myna Guest

for god sake dont allow a second luna with houses next to bank, best is not to allow houses there at all.

14. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I don't agree in that, I had seen alot great house design on Siege. I like customizing houses even when some need better skills in house bulding.

Make a few "classic" design in size 18x18, 10x18, 18x10, 14x18 and 18x14 for the ones who sucks in house building.

15. CatLord

CatLord Guest

He is talking about MY cube... for sure.

Most ugly thing you can imagine...

16. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

Getting back to the ORIGINAL reason for my post, can we get some word from Chrissay or any other DEV as to when they expect to open house placement in Ter Mur?

THANKS!

17. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

I like this idea.

18. Draconi

Draconi Most explosive UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This is a great thread to use my "We'll release more info about this at a later time" card.

19. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

Thanks for the response Draconi!!

20. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

better idea for housing:
    gm shall fill the areas with random type of houses, every house is infested by powerfull creatures, if you slay all, you'll earn the house key. Double click the house key to own the house :p

the creature must be all paragon and the difficulty based on the house type.
    for example a castle must have something like a paragon harrower that spawn with paragon tentacles XD

21. XLaCeDX

XLaCeDX Guest

I looked for housing areas in the open beta a bit but didn't find any. It was kinda tricky just staying alive which was good. New things to learn and all.

:)

Didn't make it to the underground since I'm not all that brave so I was kind of hoping new housing was available down there in some caves.

22. Mike of Ameraust

Mike of Ameraust Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Housing is Ok anywhere, as long as it is monitored.

If there was a larger space between current buildings in Luna it would not look as bad, its a shame that building "use" can be policed, nothing worse than 40 vendor shops and 30 of them are useless, make the buildings in/near cities useable by the public or they self destuct in 14 days.

23. Merik

Merik Guest

I DARE you guys to make it so only 7x7 can be placed and you can ONLY use Gargoyle house tiles.

hehehehehe

Actually I like the second part. Gargoyle house tiles only. You want UO to look good make it match up. Start with the Gargoyle land! Someone walks out of the city and first house they see is a 18x18 bright marble house.... they gunna say W.T.F? That makes no sense.

24. Blesh

Blesh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I believe that more housing is not even need on MOST shards. There's maybe 2 shards that would actually benefit from new housing.

I think limited additional land for housing, Maybe one or two places for a castle, or keeps, but other than that NO keeps and castles. I'm very tempted to say limit placing in the area to only the smaller houses as well.

Also, I am on the "No more luna cluster****s" bandwagon.

*edit*

^^^ I totally agree with this ^^^

25. RedRum

RedRum Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Well, it's been a week Draconi...any info to release to us on:

1.) IF we will be able to place houses?
    2.) IF so, WHERE will we be able to place houses?
    3.) IF so WHERE at and HOW big?

Thanks for any updates.

26. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Someone's impatient.

27. RedRum

RedRum Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Not impatient at all. I'm just wondering what's up.
    If you would have been at the Townhall in Seattle 3 years ago (2006) when KR was supposed to be being released soon, Draconi point blank came out and said that "there will be housing available and there will be NEW housing sizes as well". Well, 3 years, KR has gone by the way side and I'm still waiting patiently to find out about any and all new housing options that might become available to us.

28. it should act like an IDOC has fallen with only random sized plots able to be placed and at the same time it becomes active all burning plots in luna and everywhere should do the same !! that will keep thge scriptors busy !!!

29. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Anyone who has seen my place knows I probably have a thing for Borg Cubes... that said - even a Borg Cube can look great if done right! :)

If anyone doubts that, I'd be happy to show off the place and let you decide... :p

30. :postpics:

Umm... please?

31. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

We need pictures :danceb:

32. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I'd love to take pictures - but:

1.) I am beyond horrible with that stuff...
    2.) It's a Borg invasion fleet (8 houses) so it's hard to get into one picture...

There's a shot in the Home and Castle Forum that Sarsmi took a while back - but the place has expanded quite a bit since then.

If you want to see it - log on to Atlantic with a new character, then head to Umbra. Take the road west from town and head to the west shore of the Malas lake. It is right by the large Yew tree on the lake shore (hard to miss it). If you prefer to go by the coordinates, simply head to 0,0 0,0 in Malas and it is just downscreen.

Safe Journeys!

33. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector

Bring Back Tents!!!!!

They can't be refreshed and even with a vendor inside they fall... hehe

Great gold sink!...make them 1M and last a week

34. RedRum

RedRum Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I've ran past these houses and stoped for a look and they do look impressive the way they flow together. I just never put the name to stratics to figure out it was you. You must have done alot of wheelin' & dealin' to get so many in the same area.