1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Houses

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by slippjeem, Dec 3, 2013.

1. slippjeem

slippjeem Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Hello,

I don't play siege and have no plans to ever do so, I barely have enough time to play my home shard of Great Lakes, However, I have 5 accounts that can have houses on Siege and would be interested in working out a mutually profitable exchange of your gold on Great Lakes or Atlanta in exchange for my house(s) say a monthly rent, I just have noob gift traders there and that's all I will every have there, if we can work out a fair monthly payment for the house, you will give me the gold and placement tool and a gate or rune book house spot, after placement I will co-own you and its yours, classic houses only, I hate doing custom houses, PM or ICQ me if interested!

Rathgar

2. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Give me a minute to wrap my head around this......

#2 startle, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  3. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I would be careful accepting a deal like this. People tent to use their houses for expensive stuff and soulstones. It will never be a safe place, even when you may be trustworn, your account can be hacked, RL can mess up your life and the account go inactive. A house on Siege is more than just a safe place to log and the one who accept the deal do not have same deal as with vendors and can't even place a vendor himself.
    I will advice everyone to not do it, it's a very unsecure deal in my opinion, sorry.

Lyconis likes this.
  4. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

After reading this my first thought was...wow, GL has a dia... too. This is a bad idea sorry.

5. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

After reading this my first thought was...wow, GL has a dia... too. This is a bad idea sorry.

6. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Please just leave house spots for people who actually play here.

kelmo likes this.
  7. Val Van Wolf

Val Van Wolf Seasoned Veteran

Seems like a silly idea to me. Why would anyone fall for it. Took me a while to figure out "GL has a Dia too" but I finally got it. Good point, Morder. I just spent a couple days on GL and LS gathering gifts...both of those shards seem very sparsely populated and no one would even speak to me in Luna. I spent hours trying to find a full magery spellbook on GL and was told no one had ever seen one for sale. Checked searchuo too. It seems the the Devs should do something to spread out the players among the shards, such as allowing a house on each shard for every account. GL and LS were the first shards I ever played 16 years ago, a char named Oblivia, because my daughter accused me of being oblivious about something I don't remember. Maybe she had a point. Nah...

Blaeke likes this.
  8. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

The idea itself is kinda good.

But after the changes to where players can have a house on Siege and still keep their prodo house it´s not really necessary.
    And even if someone who already have a house here wants some extra storage for items, like Freja pointed out, it will never really be a safe storage place.

9. slippjeem

slippjeem Certifiable

ok great thanks for your feedback, I still am not going to play there...

10. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

aww... We would welcome ya!

11. startle

I think the big issue here is the co-ownership aspect. Does that not mean that you would always have access to every container in the house?

12. slippjeem

slippjeem Certifiable

I never log onto siege except to get gifts for exchange and I see no reason to change that...

13. startle

I understand and you may have all the honorable intentions in the world. That doesn't change the fact that you are asking someone to "trust" that you'll never be tempted to "borrow" a few items from time to time....

14. slippjeem

slippjeem Certifiable

So don't do it I was just tossing it out there, at this point I no longer care one way or the other, you people care argue the values of it out, I am done here, people sent items worth a billion or more with my transfer to the rares fest and I don't see any complaints... enjoy your shard...

15. startle

Thanks, we do!

Skunk and Val Van Wolf like this.