1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Housing Decay Issue

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Vampyre Kitty, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Vampyre Kitty

Vampyre Kitty Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Hi...i'm having a housing issue wondering if this has happened to anyone... I went to reactivate an acct that I have a house on.. the decay process had started already (was at slightly) anyways paid for the acct on Monday and the house is still decaying.. i've opened all the doors, logged in the chars... done everything i can possibly think of short of xferring it to another acct so it doesnt fall... will a gm be able to refresh it for me or will they can my response..not even sure how i would word it properly to get one out there... any info is appreciated thanks =)

2. You have to wait till the next maintenace down time for it to refresh

3. Vampyre Kitty

Stratics Veteran

Yea did that thou the accounts been active since monday :/

4. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Page a GM on it... but even if the GM fixes it - keep an eye on it closely for a week or so as they sometimes go back in to IDOC stages at the next server up.

5. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Only reason I can think of is if you have multiple grandfathered houses on the account. If that's the case then I think you have to set one as primary and the rest will fall. That or it's just a buggy damn game.

The other day a guy placed a house, condemning his other one. Then used the resize command, it dropped the new house but didn't let him circumnavigate the 7 day timer like it should to place a larger one leaving him with 1 decaying house and a big open spot reserved for him but he couldn't replace.

6. Vampyre Kitty

Stratics Veteran

Claudia~ this is the primary house no grandfathered issues.. im thinking the game is buggy or something weird.. :/

Tazar~ thanks for the info =)

7. KB re : My house won't uncondemn?!

To find out why lets go down the short list of possibilities. Firstly, is this the only house on the account and/or the most recently gained? If yes then has it been more than 24 hours since you reactivated the account? We generally say 24 as it can take up to 24 hours for all the various involved databases to synchronize. This includes the transaction for your account payment, the account database and the housing database. As long as the house still has 48 more hours before it decays then go ahead and wait 24 hours. Should your house still not uncondemn after 24 hours of account activity then please page a game master. Do this by selecting Help on your paperdoll, then the Other option and Other once more. In your page text be absolutely certain to mention that, "I have reactivated my account more than 24 hours ago and my house will not uncondemn and it is now beyond the slightly worn status!" The exclamation mark is optional of course, but the point is to clearly relay the fact that you have in fact followed the process correctly and now require an intervention. As this is a time sensitive issue please be as clear as possible.

:thumbsup: Bolded above ... yw :danceb:

8. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Are y'all sure the KB is up to date? Last I heard, if an inactive account starts the decay process, the only way to stop it is to xfer to another account. key words, Decay Process. Had you reactivated the account a day before the house went condemned, all would be well.

9. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

When you play House Roulette, sometimes you lose.

10. I'm sure that a mention of the knowledge base in the page SHOULD get a GM's attention
    Because the knowledge base is more of an authority than your memory (For GMs)
    I'm sure that the OP has waited too long to post a "what should I do" question
    since the info provided states "monday" (covers the stated 24 hour "wait for DB updates")
    I'm sure that IF the KB is outdated
    it is not my fault, however ...
    IF a proper page is made
    I'm sure the GM will, or, cannot fixit, and THEN (and only then)
    Others may have some suggestions as to how to better maintain "the game" re: acquiring knowledge in how to solve "problems".
    which, of course, won't be of much help for the player in question IF his house manages to fall
    unless, as mentioned in this missive ... They (the new GM corps)
    Is awaiting a trial of their new capabilities:
    *does Oprah voice* A New HOUSE !!!

:lol:

11. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

pretty sure u can place if you drop the decaying house and have no other houses around.

Lorddog

12. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

To refresh a house its best to click on the house sign with the characters name that is on the sign.

13. twoburntfouryou

twoburntfouryou Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Guessing your one of those that really do not play but still pay every 3 months? Maybe they are now wanting those who do this to pay before it starts to decay? I know someone that paid when his house started to decay and his house fell anyway.

14. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

this.. once its past a certain point there is no fixing it..

15. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

did you open the house sign ?? that usualy does the trick after a server mantence.

16. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

Correct. Once the daily scrips runs to 'mark' it as decaying on day 90 of your account being inactive - it is now in decay. Paying for gametime on day 91 will not refresh the house. You must drop/replace or xfer to another account and back.

17. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Unless they changed it recently it does indeed refresh, I did it a few months ago. Usually the only case where it will continue to decay and fall is when its already Greatly/IDOC when you reactivate.

18. Vampyre Kitty

Stratics Veteran

Paged a gm and it was taken care of... thanks for the info =)