1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Housing design inspiration

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by DJAd, Jan 25, 2012.

1. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

So I found a nice spot to place a custom 18x18 in Malas. I was hoping to place a keep/castle but then found out not possible in Malas which was bit of a let down.

I must of tried about 3 different designs already but can't get the hang of designing anything good.

I was wondering if anyone can show me some nice places in Europa to give me some inspiration! Are there any amazing designed plots that I can visit to get my creative flow going?!

2. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I should go and have a good browse here - UO Homes and Castles - Stratics Forums

Lots and lots of fantastic designs, as well as useful how to threads, and links to extremely creative forums :)

3. Saunders

Saunders Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Try thinking about making a house, workshop or shop where your chars might like to live or hang out.
    Remember that you don't have to "build" on the whole plot. You can make a garden or something that complements the local scenery on part of the plot.
    You can make more than one building on the plot: an out-building or a row of houses.
    The plot storage stays the same whatever kind of building you put on it, so it doesn'y have to be something magnificent.

4. Chap

Chap Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yew, felucca moongate. (beware of reds)
    make an exact replica of my house in 18x18 version, its a sure winner

5. Alaster The Insane

Alaster The Insane Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

You should have a look at the giant undies shaped house, 2nd left of Europa Auction House.

A fine piece of decoration, if you ask me !

6. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Just been trying to find this.

I've got a design down and keep changing my mind! I hate stairs, and finding a good place to put them. Ahhhhhh!

7. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Also I took this screenshot a few years back. I want to add a treasure room to my new place.

Anyone seen this castle and knows where it is, it might be long gone but worth asking.

Attached Files:

8. Riply

Riply Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I would suggest checking out some of the Japanese shards for idea's they tend to be very creative on house designs.