1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Housing in SA GargoyleVille. How to do it?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by love2winalot, Sep 3, 2008.

?

How should housing in SA be set up?

1. Exactly the same as it has always been.

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. No housing allowed for first 30 days of launch.

15 vote(s)
    40.5%
  3. EA should place houses in advance, then you buy it.

10 vote(s)
    27.0%
  4. Only those who currently have NO house can place.

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  1. love2winalot

love2winalot Guest

Hail: As we all know, every time new land is added, that allows housing, it is a race to see who gets there first. It is a 3 person race for the most part.
    1. Real estate agents who has multiple accounts, and will place, not for their use, but to be 4 sale.
    2. Movers. Those who want to be in the new area, as long as they can place something even close to what they already have, they are happy.
    3. Seekers. Those who have their house in Fel, or are new, or have only a 7x7, and just want to be anywhere else but where they are now, or just want a bigger house.

usualy the brokers and such Win the race. Almost all the housing spots will be gone in a few hours. This leads to same thing as almost every other expansion. Pre order sales get there cd first, and place first. Or, they pre ordered, and got it late, and complain and cancel. Some spent the night outside the store to be first in line, and rented a race car, to get the cd home asap to be able to place quickly, and so on, they usually took the day off from work.

Is this the way it should be? First come first serve, no matter what? or, is there maybe a better way to do this?

2. Anjeel

Anjeel Guest

I pick option 5. No housing.

3. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

To be quite honest do u serously think we need more housing spots!!!

I would say yes if we were allowed to own 2 houses instead of one..maybe like a 3rd/4th/5th year treat but otherwise we have plenty of land house spots even on the fullest shards!!

4. love2winalot

love2winalot Guest

It does not matter what I think. At the town hall they said the new land would allow housing. If you are gonna put it in the store, and hope to get thousands of new players on each shard, they are gonna want someplace to live.

5. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Another option: use a special one-use house-placement tool that is a rare reward within the SA lands.

6. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

That is a good idea. Also they should restrict the tile sets you can use on the house. Only land appropriate tiles such as the new Gargoyle Archtecture and anything old that fits. No crystal/marble/sandstone etc.

7. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Barter Town

I say a new set of "Classic" Gargoyle-style houses. No customizable housing. The new lands could only have these houses built on them.

:scholar:

(edit: And only people with no houses can place.)

8. Stucky

Stucky Guest

Well I hope atleast if they open the new lands for housing they wait the 15 days from release that new accounts have the same chance as everyone else. Why buy a game if you're starting at a total disadvantage?

9. Wynne

Wynne Guest

Likewise. No housing in the new lands. The shards are empty enough.

Destroy Luna....

10. I like your idea, but here again you would have the weaker chars in the game losing out to the stronger and richer chars. Farmers would own all the housing.

I think it would be kind of neat to see something set up where the houses were placed in advance, and sold from real estate brokers. Non-customizable of course.

I also feel that once you place a house there should maybe be some sort of time limit (like 3 months) before you could re-place or sale the house. This might put the damper on farmers and land grabbers. Who wants to fork out hundreds of $$'s for houses they can't do anything with for months?

Just a thought.

11. Elric_Soban

Elric_Soban Babbling Loonie

signed

12. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

when we first heard about gargoyles I was absolutely certain that a gargoyle character would have to dig out his own cave dwelling

now, not so sure (and we need a shrug smiley)

13. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Isn't the GG city in Ish marble?

Votes 5 no housing

14. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

I vote No housing in the new land, but open up Ilsh. now :)

15. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

I say no to new housing... period.

With ONE exception.

Make it so that anyone who own's a Malas house can place and only them can place for 90 Days. Move doom to Felucca... (lol, since I'm dreaming!)

Then, delete Malas.

Add more content to tokuno... like more peerless dungeons and bosses.

Add more content to Tram/Felucca.

Add more content to Ilshenar... hell, make the new SA lands in Ilshenar.

16. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Very true, but this is a problem far larger than just housing. Short of making it a complete effortless lottery and preventing people from selling their houses, economics of the game will take over.

Here are a couple of thoughts on the subject though:
    - make the placement tools a temporary item (like speckled scorpion sacks) so that they can't be stockpiled in preparation for a new opening.
    - make whatever system they drop from only available for a small window (an hour?) each day so that farming 24x7 or having an unlimited supply of zergs to throw at the quest doesn't give much of an advantage. Of course, this could be a problem for people who can't attend during the window.

(then again, this may be overthinking it all ... whatever housing lands are opened may turn out to be passing fad)