1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Housing question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DreadLord Lestat, Feb 10, 2013.

1. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I just recently bought a castle and the character that actually owns the castle cannot release things, lock them down, or secure them. 3 days ago he was able to and now he can't. My other characters on the account have no issues, just him. Its like the game cannot hear him or something though he is not whispering and is not in any of the chat channels, just spatial. I get the targeting cursor like I am supposed to, just nothing happens.

I have tried in the CC and EC and it is the same in both. He can access the house sign and can add and remove co-owners, change the security settings on doors and secure containers, and he can even use the retrieve function on things locked down. The castle at some level is still seeing him as an owner, just won't let him lock things down, release things, or secure things. Other people can see me saying things trying to lock things down, secure things, and release things so it is going into spacial where the house should recognize the commands. Co-owners are able to lock things down and secure them, and release things if they were the ones to lock them down or secure them.

2. Amber Witch

Amber Witch Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Gilfane

Did you transfer the char to another shard and then back again?

3. DreadLord Lestat

Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

No he has not transferred in years and he was the one that the castle was transferred to when I bought it.

4. Shakkara

Shakkara Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I had the same issue, and it was something related to the macros that I had set up that were bugged. So even though the targetting cursor appears, it was actually trying to 'honor' the item I was targetting instead of locking it down or releasing it.

Deleting all my macros and emptying the cache fixed the problem.

DreadLord Lestat likes this.
  5. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

Try honoring something/someone a friend on Siege had the same issue and that fixed it.

#5 Victim of Siege, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
    DreadLord Lestat likes this.
  6. DreadLord Lestat

Thank you!! It was the honor issue. After honoring and killing a miasma, I was able to secure things again. :thumbup:

7. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If you are flagged as aggressor, you feel also as if you are not in your own building. No access to secures etc., can be confusing. But this doesn't last for long ...

#7 Olahorand, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  8. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

Glad it worked out, do not know why this keeps coming up lately, but it does.

9. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I have had this issue in the past a few times. Each time I had to page a GM and have them fix it.