1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Housing Thoughts with New Publish

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Guardian KX, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Guardian KX

Guardian KX Lore Keeper

While I welcome a ton of new people I do not think that is what's going to happen. I feel that EVERYONE on every shard is going to come to Siege to place some crappy small or whatever and then never come back. We are going to be a giant wasteland of empty houses with no-name chars owning them. IDOC's will be a huge thing with them constantly falling everywhere but with NOTHING in them.

Yes I agree that even one more random player is one more for us but I don't think empty houses everywhere is worth the cost.

Long Live Siege P.
    (Your Thoughts)?

MANSBETH likes this.
  2. yars

yars Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I see this as well,should have been regular shards as well,unless it's a test to see if we really follow the allure

3. Innessa

Innessa Adventurer

i disagree respectfully. Who cares if theres more houses that idoc first of all? plenty of empty space to be filled. and if it brings new folks to siege, its well worth it.

Im planning on hopping onto Atlantic and advertising it. the more the merrier

#3 Innessa, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  4. Ducky Momo

Ducky Momo Journeyman

I think it will be good. I agree that it will be a big rush on land, any many will not stay BUT any who do will be welcome. I look forward to some fresh trammies showing up.

5. chise2

chise2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Arrr & Yarr Pirates!

I am very happy we are finally getting the second house. However no mention of some sort of refresh on the Siege one worries me. I am all for getting new people. But a lot of people will come place a house then quit shortly after. If these houses then stay up for months and months that will discourage other new players that might actually want to play here long term if they find they are only able to place a small house in the middle of no where. I also worry that with no decay we would get a lot of people coming to place houses in the best spots they can find just so they can sell them. So hopefully they either forgot to mention the decay in the notes or they will add a decay. But over all cautiously excited we have been waiting a long time for this.

6. Symma

Symma Certifiable

it's a step in the right direction but like others I was hoping for some type of decay.

MANSBETH likes this.
  7. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I'm very worried too, if no limit in size and no refresh needed, we will see non siege players own castles and keeps on Siege and never use them.
    They will have no reason to take them down. I hope Mesanna are careful what she do.

8. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

The publish notes clearly state that both houses will be "primary", meaning no refresh will be needed. I assume that they either didn't have time to implement the refreshing part, which was what Mesanna originally wanted, and/or it was too difficult to achieve.

I, too, am rather apprehensive about this. I do appreciate the effort in doing something for Siege and hope it attracts a number of new players, but don't relish the thought of all the houses going up, especially plain dirt plots, for which there will be no incentive to remove.

MANSBETH likes this.
  9. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Yes maybe they may add more rules later, when they see how it goes. I really would like to see it changes, so you only can have 2 houses on the account, if the Siege one is placed in Malas, placing on any other Siege facet, would make your Prodo house start decay and placing on prodo if you own a Siege house, not placed in Malas, would make your Siege house decay.

This way, only Malas would get to many ghost houses.

10. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

i doubt they are gonna add rules or anything and yes we are gonna end up with alot of empty houses but honestly does it matter its empty space now so then it will be a empty plot but this will incourage more people to play which is great

11. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

so friggin what (stop all the complaining)

#11 Lorddog, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  12. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

I can not wait to see the first spam
    "Selling Siege plot in the slums of Luna - 10k or best offer"

MANSBETH likes this.
  13. andyjacksons

andyjacksons Journeyman

my main problem would be if the houses stayed after accounts closed like we have now . so i hope that they can make sure they allways keep the housing server up to date

14. Sal Manail1

Sal Manail1 Adventurer

I would take it only if I can live next to SL :). They can make any slum feel like home.

15. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Where do I sign!

16. domii

domii Journeyman

Nothing wrong with making a market for housing spots. All the vets that stayed with Siege must have their keeps/castles/or prime fancy spots by now, so why complain?

I know when I left there was tons of good spots including empty Luna city/Zento plots.

But I ran all over the place last night checking the usual prime areas and could not find that much. A few dozen decent sized spots where available, nothing that would fit a Keep. I ended up settling for placing a Tower near yew. Maybe I should have looked harder. Anyhow if I die I don't want to have to hike halfway across the shard, i.e. to get to Ice island or some other remote area to re-equip.

Anyhow, it is not like most of these new players will be arriving with millions/billions of gold, they are going to have to work it first to be able to buy a good spot or even make a few 100k gold just to be able to place a small custom. The price of Siege gold will probably go up too : )

#16 domii, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
    IanJames likes this.
  17. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed

So I can have someone transfer me my house on GL to an account and I wont lose either house? Thatd be fantastic and save me from re-upping 2 accts every 3 months.

18. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

We will probably get a bunch of empty houses people put there just because, but the shard is dead... so oh well. I doubt the world will be clogged or anything personally. Very few will spend the time getting a castle then just call it quits right away. They will at least play here sometimes.

Its a good change at this juncture I think.

MANSBETH likes this.
  19. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

What will be will be. I am just glad we are getting attention.

20. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

I will be ****ing pissed if people can place a home without requiring refresh (even if it's monthly). I have spent a long long time getting short changed on housing because of my grandfathered L shape on Atl and my grandfathered SMALL house on Siege. I need a second account just to experience UO Housing.

There better be refresh. I don't care about the size as much.

...... .

MANSBETH likes this.
  21. MANSBETH

MANSBETH Seasoned Veteran

I'm very skeptical....*crosses fingers*

22. Claire Repair

Claire Repair Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Wouldn´t people who want to place on SP need the gold to do so? ;)

/Claire

23. FrejaSP

Not harder to make gold on Siege, than on prodo shards, even when our NPC vendors won't buy your items, players and the stall vendors in NM will buy.
    Then some will to trade prodo gold for Siege gold, others will sell tokens brought from EA on Siege to get gold.

24. FrejaSP

An other way to do this right would be a simple rule that count for all shards.

You can place:
    a castle
    or
    a keep and a small house
    or
    2 large houses
    or
    3 small houses

Allow them to be on same shards or different shards. If a player will place a new one and already have the allowed count of houses, they have to choose what old house, that should decay.
    This way, noone would leave a castle or keep on Siege if they moved back to prodo and most would give up a large house too or even a small house if they needed it somewhere else.

#24 FrejaSP, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  25. Voodoo Bad Mojo

Voodoo Bad Mojo Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 4H

it seems as though there are no rules on house size or refresh.
    i placed a house and its just the same as mine on sonoma.
    no refresh or anything required on it.

26. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

Tell me when you want to do it. :pirate:

27. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

you can ask in general chat and get donations enough to place your house