1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Housing Timer Question

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Laina, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Laina

Laina Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Trying to swap account holders for each house. Before I do this and create a mess for myself...

I have account A holds house "a", account B holds house "b". I want to swap house b to account A and house a to account B. Can I straight up trade 2 houses with each other or do I need a 3rd account that doesn't hold a house currently?

I am asking because one of the accounts is upgraded and the other is not. Probably doesn't matter but each house is on a different shard.

2. Lady_Rachel

Lady_Rachel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

You will have to have a 3rd account to hold the house.
    Once you trade, or receive a house the 7 day timer goes into effect before you can receive another one.
    You can demolish and place a home over and over. But once you trade, or receive the timer kicks in.

I need to stuff that in the faq somewhere.

3. Rand Althor

Rand Althor Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe I'm missing something.. if neither of her accounts have received a house in the last 7 days, then she should be able to transfer House B to Account A, which will put house A into no-refresh.. She will then have a couple days to transfer House A to Account B. Once either account receives a new house they will not be able to trade or place again for 7 days, no need for a 3rd house, or am I missing something?. or are you saying that if you transfer your house to another character-account, you can't receive a house for 7 days?.

4. Lady_Rachel

Lady_Rachel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

You can buy or place a house only once every 7 days on your account, regardless of the character or shard used to acquire the house.
    This 7-day waiting period starts from the moment you acquire a house through trade or by placing one. During this period you will not be able to place another house, or receive another house in trade. You will be informed of this fact when you try to receive a house in trade or place one.
    The following actions are not subject to the waiting period, nor do they start or reset the waiting period timer:
    • selling a house
    • demolishing a house
    • changing a pre-built house into a customizable plot
    Your right Rand!
    Thank you for clearing that up...If neither of her accounts have received a house in the last 7 days she should be ok to do the switch..right?

5. Laina

Laina Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you for your responses :)

It seems logical that we are able to sell a house and receive a new one right away so long as we have not received or placed one in the previous 7 days.

Things don't always follow along quite as logically as I think they should...I just didn't want to end up homeless for a week.

6. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Thought you couldn't trade a higher storage house to a different account without upgrading the lower storage account to an equivalent amount or higher.

7. Laina

Laina Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Just a quick update - It worked perfectly, no need for the 3rd account. Thank you very much :)

And for the house that was upgraded, I did have to move a few hundred items out of the house to bring it down to its original storage capacity in order to be able to trade it to the non-upgraded account. But at least I now have use of all of the available house tiles.