1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How about a Google calendar for EM events and player events?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DJAd, Sep 13, 2013.

1. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I always see loads of EM Events and also now alot of player run events. The problem is remembering them all. There are lots of different dates and times and its hard to keep track of them all. Even more so when your in a different timezone from where the event is being held!

I was thinking it would be neat if we could have some kind of calendar that people can add their player events to. Maybe a Google calendar that can be shared with everyone.

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with Google calendar? and what are peoples thoughts.

2. Endal

Endal Journeyman

Hear Hear! Perhaps Stratics could put together something like this, since they're the official unofficial source for everything UO *grins*

It's pretty easy to set up a Google Calendar, and we could even set it up so that each of the EMs can post on the same calendar, but viewers only subscribe to the categories that the want (categories could be server names). Then it would just be the matter of either having the EMs themselves post on the calendar or having players post it.

I'd volunteer to keep Napa up to date. Heck, I was already sort of thinking of adding a category to my already existing calendar so that my phone will keep me up to date on events.

Adding player events could be just as easy. The players could submit it to the calendar moderator or we could set it to be public. Either way works fine imho, I just wouldn't want trolls getting ahold of it.

DJAd likes this.
  3. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sounds good to me. I have my Redskins, Wizards, and Patriots calendars up. Need that UO.ics!

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

THP and Winker like this.
  5. THP

THP Stratics Legend

sounds cool to me!!...but.....im guessing the click wont agree...think they like it the way it is....[whatever]

6. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

7. THP

THP Stratics Legend

wow...overlooked that...not that ill be doing any ...lol....good luck for all those that do!!