1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How about a way to lock Fame?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by GalenKnighthawke, Nov 5, 2014.

1. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Under current mechanics, we have a way to lock Karma gains, by interacting with the Shrines in certain ways. How about a way to lock Fame gains as well?

There are various reasons why one would not wish to gain Fame on a certain character. Mine, prompting this request, is that I have a character who's great to do Doom and certain other PvM situations with but neither the Lord title nor the NPCs bowing to him really fit in the slightest. Killing him repeatedly once he gets to Lord, while amusing, I don't think should be necessary.

-Galen's player

2. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

If you aren't Knight of Sacrifice yet, you can sacrifice fame at liches or lower evil mobs to zero your fame.
    And you get the ability to resurrect yourself with that.

Barry Gibb likes this.
  3. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

They should just let you set your fame title lower like you can your karma title in the title menu.

4. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You can choose your fame title in titles menu.

Barry Gibb likes this.
  5. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

That would have been really nice, but I can't pick anything without Lord. But this is still in a solution, in a slightly roundabout way. I've noticed that if a character's title is chosen manually below 10,000 fame, then the character does not show as Lord after exceeding 10,000 fame.

So this might work: sacrifice fame or die to get below 10,000 fame, choose any title except Default (even if it's to choose "Glorious" when you already are), and it should stick even above 10,000 fame.

6. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You can pick your karma title. If you are a lady/lord, you can't choose to not have lady/lord in your title unless I am missing something. I can pick what kind of lady I want to be, that's it.