1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How about getting leather hides from fished up footware.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by imported_Veganite, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Why can't we use sissors or a skinning knife on footware we fish up. It's leather isn't it? I can use a dagger on dragons but I can't cut up old wet boots.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Because (And I kid you not this was stated in the actual HoC chat when recycling leather was introduced in the SAME SENTENCE no less) that you wouldn't get enough leather from footwear to make it worth it but the leather from footwear would flood the leather market.

If I get some time and this doesn't drop I'll find the quote, it's PRICELESS.

3. jelake

jelake Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Why can't we use sissors or a skinning knife on footware we fish up. It's leather isn't it? I can use a dagger on dragons but I can't cut up old wet boots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Water ruins leather.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Found it!

UO Hoc Chat Log: 9/23/1999

Glamdring - *web* Why can't a Tailor unravel Female leather armor or shoes/boots?
    Sage - Female armor will be added to the unravel, perhaps as soon as tomorrow. Sandals and footwear were left out for a couple of reasons:
    Sage - Most importantly, you can fish up some, and this just set up red flags for me.
    Sage - Secondly, they just did not yield enough leather to add them

5. Kurgan

Kurgan Guest

1. Water leather just smells nasty..
    2. How much do you really think you will get back from soggy leather.
    (Think shrunken head here)
    3. See 1.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Based on their comments, I don't think they thought this far in terms of "why".

7. <blockquote><hr>

1. Water leather just smells nasty..
    2. How much do you really think you will get back from soggy leather.
    (Think shrunken head here)
    3. See 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right, just thought it would be nice to be able to cut it up and use it or sell it npc's, they'll buy anything. leather sells better than footware.

8. Use the boots to fill bods. Thats what I do.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

about as much leather as you get from any other recycled item. basically half of what is need to create the item at least at 120 tailoring.

So thigh boots would yield 5 leather just like Leather leggings, std sleeves, female studded
    boots would yield 4 leather just like std gloves, shorts, std bustier, female leather armor
    shoes would yield 3 leather just like std gorget, skirt, bustier
    sandals would yield 2 leather just like leather gorgets and sleeves

leather cap uses 2 hides and can be unraveled to get one hide back that makes less sense then unraveling footwear.

but guess I will just continue to use mine to fill non-exceptional, non-colored footwear smalls. Its been to long to think this will be changed.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Ridiculous...heaven forbid they make it useful in some manner instead of encouraging players to throw them on the ground and creating more lag...

Heck, if you can't cut sandals up, cut them up into leather strips and incorporate them into some kind of crafting aspect. Seems like such a waste to have them fished up and thrown away like that.

11. i don't know, i think if this was a source of leather, it would imbalance siege... [​IMG]

12. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

The original reason was to prevent unattended macroing. Back then the only way to do this was to implement a system that blocked it. This is one that actualy worked . And still does!