1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

how about some new lands?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Lorddog, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

why cant we have some new land masses - perhaps double what we have now. also make it so you can only place mini-castles 4X4 there.

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

whatever for? There's more space now than we can fill.

3. Fogsbane

Fogsbane Seasoned Veteran

If (?when) the allowance of secondary housing on Siege occurs - it would probably be something to seriously reconsider.

I'm of the opinion that it wouldn't be so bad to have a Mugen like Trammel in any case.

4. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed

We don't need any more land. There are PLENTY of housing spots available. All of Malas is Empty.

If they add trammel like Mugen, you can bet alot of us will walk out.

Dacatge likes this.
  5. Baby Doll

Baby Doll Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran IPKU

Would be cool if UO would let people place castles in Malas!

#5 Baby Doll, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
    Blaeke likes this.
  6. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

This.

7. chise2

chise2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Arrr & Yarr Pirates!

We really don't need more land. Even with the housing change we will be fine I think. Like Rumpy pointed out Malas is empty and while fel is filling up I am sure there are still quite a few spots left.

8. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

There are still open spots in Luna, right?

9. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

There's one beside me still i think although a bit small...

10. mikni

mikni Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

People already leave shortly after they join / return to us because they never see anyone. I think it would be a disaster to add more land. I'd also like to know where you find it so crowded at the moment, I need to get in on that.

11. chise2

chise2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Arrr & Yarr Pirates!

Yep what we desperately need is more people not new land. If anything we need to lose a couple land masses but that will never happen. Our biggest hope right now is to hope that when they actually release the second house thing we will see enough people come that you will actually start seeing people around regularly. I have hope it will we have gotten in the past a lot of people just from it being announced. Problem is we get people things start looking like things are picking up then bam a bunch of people stop playing or take breaks for whatever reason and we are back to square one. :( This housing change though is our best bet I am thinking to getting the population high enough that we can actually keep more then a handful of people.

12. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

*Hides his Shinies*

13. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

sorry guys - don't know what I was thinking at the time of this post - it was suppose to be a sarcastic post in response to someone saying they wanted more land masses.

14. Baby Doll

Baby Doll Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran IPKU

Awww it's all good. 4x4 mini castles spread across a new land would have been awesome. If you would have spoken of some pretty lil ponies though, ya might have had more support for a new land mass!:mylittlepony::mylittlepony::mylittlepony:

15. Amaranthine Embrace

When they began adding all the land surely that was the last nail, you should have seen it back in 1999 ,2000,2001,2002,2003. Then I think the slow down began in earnest.You do not want more lands, you may think you want that but honestly it would be the last nail in the coffin. Be happy with the landmass that you have. it is more than enough.

It would be nice to think Sp could pull it off and last longer. even though I have never come back. every few years I do read forums and I am filled with bitter-sweet memories of good and bad times. and a hell of a lot of fun learning to pvp and kill ppl or really I thought I knew a lot until I left and then I found out and was told , You gona learn today ..and I surely did then I really learned how to pvp with real hardcore ppl. I was a little fish from a little pond of sp. But still hope to see it survive.

#15 Amaranthine Embrace, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  16. Mithrandir Stormcrow

Lemme c, you guys have just about every castle & keep spot. If anything make it so u can place a keep/castle in malas. Malas is wide open.

17. Pignasty

Pignasty Journeyman
    Barter Town

Whoa, when did we get castles and keeps, mikni ?! Why was I not informed?

18. mikni

mikni Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Because you forgot to log on. ;)

19. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

We don't need more land, Malas was the worse thing that did happen to SP. Maybe they should allow some castles to be placed in Malas away from Luna and Umbra. Also add more spawn in the wilderness where players can hunt for resources without having to go to dungeons. I'm thinking of some small spawn, like brigand and orc spawn, just with monsters with new loot and some with monsters/loot from Abyss. This would be good for low skilled newbies and crafters and give some action around the player town like we had i old days.
    There is alot of ways to improve the land we already have, no need to add more.

20. Pignasty

Pignasty Journeyman
    Barter Town

Ah, well there is that. But I'm back now, so I'd like my castle please ^^

21. Viscount Goop

Viscount Goop Journeyman

How dare you speak of Trammel !!! No Goop for you !!!!
    No new lands !! We have too much land now !!
    As for castles/housing-- I think all lands should accomidate some player housing. Maby make some player ran towns. We Siege, would make the coolest player towns on any server.
    Just make a little space avaiible for a town on each land.
    one more thing...I dont like the look of castle next to castle next castle ect. They should only allow so many castles in 1 area or put spots in-between castle plots to break up the uglyness of it all.
    V.G.

Blaeke likes this.
  22. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I would like to see that, make a non guarded center of the town with a few needed npc vendors, a hitchingpost and a minter together. Maybe make 3 size of npc setup depending of the size of the town. Some towns may need a dock too and a gate near.

Nor do I, allow castles on all land but max 3-5 in a large town as Safe Haven and maybe only none in very small towns. Limit the keeps too. A very small town may only be able to place one large tower, no keep and castles and only 2 storries customizing houses.

I know we have to many castles in Felucca right now, but just set the rules so they count for new placed houses and they will hopefully fall someday. Some may move their castles to towns on other facets and free the old place.

23. Ducky Momo

Ducky Momo Journeyman

I know the only reason I have Castles and keeps on any shard is the storage. If they made 18x18s the same storage as castles, you would see a lot less castles around. I know I am not the only one who finds them to be ugly and poorly laid out.

24. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

If there ever be changes for housing, it should be the addition of designable houses from 7x7 to 18x18 version of extra storage paid with gold which can not be recovered by owner. Other add-ons should also considered.
    *stares*
    Yahaxithonix

25. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I think sp needs to be restructured. But it costs to much money. I think they should tweak dungeons, add new spawn to cover the resources you need to go into malas for, and compress everything. Add some teleporters, and shrink the mass. I left maybe 2 years ago, but am think of returning. Even then there was talks of reworking old dungeons to make them a desired place. Add some expansions to shame, include some new land mass spawn, and remove major vacant areas.

But again, that won't happen due to money, and how it would be too diff from prodo

26. FrejaSP

I would like to see that, even when I fear we do store far to much pixex, I would also like to see more storage for smaller homes. Maybe make it like a moving crates where the only limit is, the cap for secures in the house.
    Make it so you can set secure setting for it like for every other secures in house and make so you, like with the moving crates, can access it from everywhere in the house.

I'm not sure what the cap for storage should be, but maybe give small houses same storage as we have for 18x18 now. We need more boxes like seed and treasure map boxes, also for armor, jevelry, weapon, spellbooks, PS (they need to stack), bard items, tokens, gifts and deeds. Then we would not need more storage in castle and keeps than in 18x18.

We still have alot of stuff that do not stack, special all this gift items, grass / snow tiles, xmas trees, funitures, funiture deeds and plants of same kind and color.

27. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

lol