1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

How am I supposed to buy High Seas if UOGamecodes does not accept my CC

Discussion in 'UHall' started by GreywolfUK, Nov 24, 2010.

1. GreywolfUK

GreywolfUK Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

As title say,

How the hell am I supposed to upgrade to High Seas if they do not accept my CC, I just reactivated my account after a 6-7 month, really peeved off now, was looking forward to some new boat and dusting off my fisher.

Oh and before anyone says PayByCash, they do not have it listed :(:(:(:(

2. Babble

Babble Guest

Hand me the money I will see that it finds the right way!
    :p

3. GreywolfUK

GreywolfUK Sage

:p:p

But seriously it is stupid that there is not another way to purchase the upgrades other than UOGamecodes, whats the point of advertising PayByCash as an alternative for things when PayByCash does not list the thing you want to buy.

It is even more stupid when the PayByCash button is there on the screen just before the checkout.

4. Babble

Babble Guest

ok some serious suggestions.
    Write their customer service an email detailing your problem

IF you are LUCKY the support person will know what you mean and help you.

Else try a PM to Cal here

And you sure you don't just want to waste the money on booze?

5. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Email them. Tell them you would like to purchase High Seas for UO and they'll ask you for a few bits of info to confirm you're the account holder and then debit the card you pay the account with. I got my code the same night that way.

Wenchy

6. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Think it's that IP zip code match thing? That's stupid as hell, and as large as EA is, we're expected to believe that's how they do business worldwide? Doubtful.

to the OP, sorry for your frustration, but maybe this is a warning sign?

7. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

It's more a sign of EA's attitude to their customers, and apparently to their own UO dev team since I know Cal was trying to get this sorted for a fair few people - seems he was able to fix individual problems, but the core issue is a truly idiotic website and a total lack of inclination for the people running it to fix it....

Ongoing problems paying money to a company should never be allowed to drag on like this (http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/224825-booster-pack-cant-buy.html covers the most recent batch since High Seas release, but it's a much, much older problem for many people), but when it comes to UOGamecodes they are completely a law unto themselves and even though they cost the parent company money, nobody seems prepared to sort them out.

8. GreywolfUK

GreywolfUK Sage

The main problem is I do not use my card to pay for my account, because they do not accept it there either, I have to use PayByCash to buy my codes, because they accept it without any problems, have done for years.

But there is no harm in trying, might pop an email to PayByCash too. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions, will post later and let others know how it went :D

9. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Maybe tell them you need to give them different card details will work. My card won't work on gamecodes so I tried the email as a last resort heh.

Fingers crossed :)

Wenchy

10. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Give them time. HS has only been out for 2 months we can't expect people to be able to buy it. The devs have much more important things to do, like reusing last years thanksgiving event.

11. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Try the EA-Store... I always have better luck there...

12. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Tazar 's idea has merrit try that, the problem might be if you are in the UK. The bank cards and home addys dont line up. Had others with same troubles from UK.

13. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Barter Town

I had the same problem. I might be because I'm outside the US right now and something's not matching up correctly, but I don't why. Buy it from the EA store instead: Ultima Online: High Seas

It worked fine for me. I still can't buy tokens or other things from uogamecodes that the EA store doesn't have, but I just go to... uh... other sites for that stuff.

:fight:

14. Rumil of Lorain

Rumil of Lorain Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I used the money for booze and painted savage women

and then closed three accts still have three left but EA would have to turn out the lights before I close them

15. Babble

Babble Guest

I still say he should hand over the cash to me
    *pouts*
    :p

16. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Interesting ....

Couple of weeks ago, trying the EA store failed when it detected you were not in the US, and it redirected you to your regional store (UK, for example), and those didn't list High Seas for sale - but someone seems to have got progress on that front, since I just looked at the UK store and it's now listed there!

Ultima Online

17. Hardy

Hardy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I had so many problems with this site, after a few pm's to Cal and an email to gamecodes support ([email protected])I've now been able to buy codes without any problems *touches wood*

18. GreywolfUK

GreywolfUK Sage

Tried EAStores, it is not even listed

19. GreywolfUK

GreywolfUK Sage

Never tried the UK site, I always go to the US one, I will have a look thanks for the info :D

20. GreywolfUK

GreywolfUK Sage

Same thing he said to me, looks like there is a bit of a communication problem still going on with UO and EA, EA website needs to start listing UO game and expansions on all EA Store sites, and not only sport games and the bloody Sims.

Aurelius

Your the man, now I am very very happy camper :) EAStores UK has it listed and has accepted my card, just wish bloody UOGamecodes would do the same.